INTEGRIS Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Nurse Resident for a nursing job in Edmond, Oklahoma.
Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Nurse Resident
- Discipline: RN
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: nights
- Employment Type: Staff
INTEGRIS Health Edmond, Oklahoma’s largest not-for-profit health system has a great opportunity for a Nurse Resident in Edmond, OK. In this position, you’ll work the night shift 7:00p - 7:00a with our Emergency Room team providing exceptional care to those who have entrusted INTEGRIS Health with their healthcare needs. If our mission of partnering with people to live healthier lives speaks to you, apply today and learn more about our recently enhanced benefits package for all eligible caregivers such as, front loaded PTO, 100% INTEGRIS Health paid short term disability, increased retirement match, and paid family leave. We invite you to join us as we strive to be The Most Trusted Partner for Health.
The Nurse Resident performs basic patient care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, including specialized tasks and procedures involving the physical, psychosocial, safety, and security needs of the patient. This position requires population specific competencies. Individuals in this position may not administer medications, intravenous therapy or perform independent nursing assessments. May be required to float to other units. May be required to participate in on-calls status.
Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires. INTEGRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
- Must be a new graduate or eligible to graduate from an accredited Nursing Program with eligibility to take the NCLEX exam.
- The maximum time allowed to stay in this role is 6 months or until passing the NCLEX exam on either the 1st or 2nd attempt. The first attempt must be within 90 days after graduation. Demotion to another entry level position will be required if the NCLEX exam is not passed within this time or after the 2nd attempt.
The Nurse Resident's responsibilities include but is are not limited to:
- Personal patient care tasks, such as mouth care, making beds, giving baths, perineal care, hair care, shaving patients, giving backrubs, and emptying bedpans or urinals.
- Assists with patient safety issues such as presence of identification arm band, adherence to patient fall protocol and use of restraints, positioning of patients, promotion of an environment for rest and sleep, reporting of incidents/injury occurrences.
- Performs treatments, which may include urinary catheter care, enema administration, preparation of sitz baths, applying compresses, and assisting with patient ambulation.
- Assists in patient admission by preparing the room, admitting the patient, and preparing for patient discharge.
- Conducts and documents basic diagnostic testing which includes but is not limited to, obtaining vital signs; blood glucose monitoring; 12-Lead EKG; telemetry monitor and pulse oximetry and Doppler.
- Performing selected sterile procedures that include specimen collection, wound care, tracheostomy care and suction, urinary catheterization, and tube feedings.
- May retrieve and transport medications
- Note: Nurse Residents may not administer medications, nor may they independently assess patients. Please refer to the Oklahoma Board of Nursing statements on Guidelines for Individuals Enrolled in or Graduates of Nursing Education Programs, and OBN Policy on Delegation of Nursing Functions to Unlicensed Persons.
- Emergency Rules: Refer to Title 485: OBN, Chapter 10: Licensure of Practical & Registered Nurses, Subchapter 21 - Pandemic Licensure Requirements - Item 485:10-21-4 Students or non-licensed graduates.** Effective 4/21/20 through the duration of the Governors emergency declaration for the COVID-19 outbreak, as declared by executive order of the Governor, or through September 14, 2021, whichever occurs first, unless superseded by another rule or disapproved by the legislature.
- Reports to assigned leader. This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements.
- Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information. Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow standard precautions.
- All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
Integris Job ID #95199. Posted job title: Nurse Resident - Emergency Room - Nights
About INTEGRIS HealthAs the state’s largest not-for-profit and Oklahoma-owned health care system, with hospitals, specialty clinics, family care practices and centers of excellence, INTEGRIS Health is here for you. But medicine isn’t always about caring for the sick. It’s about doing everything in our power to keep our friends and neighbors and every Oklahoman healthy. The future of caring for illness is firmly rooted in wellness. That’s why INTEGRIS Health doctors are here for you every day, with everything from the lifesaving care that can restore your health to wisdom and guidance on staying healthy. We believe deeply that if we work together — and we work hard — we can all live fuller, healthier lives, and give future generations the gift of true health and well-being.
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits