This role is eligible for up to a $20,000 sign-on bonus! Apply today to learn more.
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Bone Marrow Transplant Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's South Austin Medical Center which is a part of the nations leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at St. David's South Austin Medical Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Transplant and Cellular Therapy (TCT) unit at St. Davids South Austin Medical Center treats adults facing blood cancer and hematologic disorders in the Central Texas region. Our 24 bed inpatient unit provides stem cell transplants, Car T cell therapy and clinical trials, with a focus on providing exceptional care and cutting edge treatments close to home. In partnership with Sarah Cannon, the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare, we are proud to be the only FACT accredited facility in Austin, Texas.
As a Registered Nurse (RN) on the TCT unit you will be responsible for the care of blood and marrow transplant patients, patients with hematologic and oncologic disorders, patients experiencing oncological emergencies, and others meeting admission criteria. Common diagnoses seen include acute leukemia, non hodgkins lymphoma and multiple myeloma. You will be responsible for a maximum of 4 patients in this acute care setting.
* The only facility in Austin offering a Very Immunocompromised Program (VIP), which promptly identifies and treats immunocompromised oncology patients arriving in the ER
* Inpatient team that works closely with our Outpatient Cancer Care Clinic
* Specialized educator support for new hires with continued education through the program
* Comprehensive interdisciplinary team, including designated physicians, APPs, social workers, dieticians, chaplains, nurse coordinators, and rehabilitation therapists
* Annual participation in The Leukemia & Lymphoma Societys Light the Night Fundraiser
* St. Davids HealthCare is the Official Healthcare Partner of Austin FC, Austins first major league team.
In this role you will be asked to provide the following services:
* Chemotherapy/Biotherapy administration and management
* Transfusion of blood products
* Evidence based care of patients with central venous access devices
* Administration of autologous transplants, allogeneic transplants, and cellular therapies at the bedside under physician supervision
* Management of toxicities related to oncological treatments
* Investigational protocol administration and monitoring
* Drain and post-op management
* Telemetry monitoring
* Strong participation within the interdisciplinary team
* 1 year of acute nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) - preferred
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. Davids Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within first year of hire
* Chemotherapy Immunotherapy Certificate Provider card within the first 6 months of hire
* Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) and/or Blood & Marrow Transplant Certified Nurse (BMTCN) certification preferred
St. Davidas South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. Davidas HealthCare. We are a 368-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties. Our services include a nationally accredited oncology program with the areaas only adult Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program; advanced trauma care with a Level II trauma center; comprehensive cardiac, stroke and orthopedic programs; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop. St. Davidas South Austin Medical Center is affiliated with the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. We offer advanced robotic services for orthopedics, open heart and lung surgery, complex GI surgery, surgical oncology, general surgery, colorectal surgery, and urology. It was one of the first hospitals in Central Texas to combine the use of CT imaging and robotics to detect early stage lung cancer.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the Worldas Most Ethical CompaniesA by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
'Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do.'- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Bone Marrow Transplant Registered Nurse opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.