Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At St. David's North Austin Medical Center our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Medical Surgical Renal Licensed Vocational Nurse to join our healthcare family.
Offering $5,000 Sign-On Bonus
St. David's North Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At St. David's North Austin Medical Center, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurses path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life for life and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Medical Surgical Renal Licensed Vocational Nurse opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
As aMedical SurgicalLicensed Vocational Nurse,you willbe under the supervisionof the Clinical Nurse Coordinator and assess, plan, implement, and evaluate nursing care. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the other members toensurethe safe and accurate delivery of care.
Perform complete and accurate nursing on assessment assigned patients
Complete designated portion of admission interview accurately within 2 hours of patient admission
Perform and document patient routine
Follow plan of care initiated by a Registered Nurse
Provide and document skilled care to assigned patients within the LVN scope of practice and in compliance with hospital policies and procedures
At least1 year ofLVN experience
Experienceas a staff nurse in an acute care setting preferred
Graduatedfrom an approved school of vocational nursing
License and Certifications
Current State of TexasLVNlicense or Compact Registered Nursing License(if Compact License,Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire)
Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. Davids Healthcare policy
St.Davids North Austin Medical Center is a multi-specialty hospital in Texas withmore than 360 beds. The facility is home to St. Davids Childrens Hospital, St. Davids WomensCenter of Texas featuring a Level III NICU, a Kidney Transplant Center, and the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. Additional servicesoffered at this medical center include 24-hour emergency care, heart and vascular care, neurology andneurosurgery, rehabilitation services, and inpatient and outpatient surgery.
St. Davids North Austin Medical Center is part of St. Davids HealthCare, which is oneof the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St.Davids HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and twolocal non-profits St. Davids Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the Worlds Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for thedelivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
'The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual.'- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Medical Surgical Renal Licensed Vocational Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.