TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
The infrastructure team supports the company's fast growth by building and operating hyper-scale datacenters, managing the life cycle of server fleet, providing cloud solutions, and developing various infrastructure services and making sure they are scalable and are reliable.
- Collaborate with project managers in the preparation of site-specific datacenter safety documentation JHA's, H&S plans, reports, and permits
- Develops a management strategy to ensure compliance with EHS and Facilities regulations and codes; acts as the primary contact to regulatory agencies / government authorities
- Maintain current knowledge on safety rules, regulations, and laws to ensure all projects comply with company safety policies, client requirements, and adherence to regulatory safety laws
- Help develop, release and actively enforce EHS procedures across ByteDance datacenter sites. Will lead all EHS incidents for their region, develop safety incident reporting, conduct post-mortem.
- Leads the Employee Safety Training Program, including developing and delivering a training curriculum and selecting and evaluating outside consultants / trainers as the need arises
- Electrical safety, control of hazardous energy (lockout/tagout), occupational noise exposure & control, heat stress & illness prevention, exposure assessment (industrial hygiene), emergency response planning, working at heights, confined space entry, heavy material handling, powered industrial trucks (forklifts), construction-related risks (cranes, rigging, trenching/shoring, mobile work platforms etc.), fire & life safety, hazardous substances handling, waste management, spill prevention control and countermeasures (SPCC), risk assessment and mitigation methodology, 3rd party safety supplies management.
- Ensures Environmental Program Compliance to include air, wastewater, hazardous waste, and stormwater permitting as required, including regulatory permitting
- Work closely and maintain relations with Corporate EHS Team to ensure the appropriate site support
- Coordinates and conducts the Emergency Response Training and Drills with the Site Emergency Response Team
- Specifies the procurement and maintenance of safety equipment inventory to ensure that onsite personnel have adequate protection for workplace hazards
- Responsible for providing support and delivering metrics / results at the site and corporate level
- In collaboration with Corporate EHS teams, establishes and runs comprehensive ergonomics programs
- Leads and influences day-to-day programs, including new employee orientation, training, and regulatory record keeping / reporting
- Adapt to changes in the work environment and demonstrate flexibility as issues or concerns arise. Shifts priorities and works at a rapid pace- BA/BS degree, preferably in environmental health and safety, IT or quantitative field.
- BA/BS degree, preferably in environmental health and safety, IT or quantitative field.
- 3+ years of datacenter EHS experience
- Knowledge of OSHA, ANSI, ASME and NPPA, DOT regulations, Clean Water Act and RCRA requirements
- Excellent leadership and cross-functional collaboration abilities to engage with colleagues to maintain a culture of safety and continuous improvement
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a face- paced environment, with quick turn around, be able to meet short deadlines in a timely and accurate manner
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety and environmental rules, operating and maintenance instructions, Code of Federal regulation, OSHA regulations and other consensus standards, and procedure manuals
- Excellent statistical and analytical skills
- Experience at issue tracking, triaging and crisis management.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at