We are hiring for an Admissions Registered Nurse. This is a Full-Time position.
At Saint Mary's Hospice of Reno, we embrace a culture of caring, belonging, and trust and enjoy the meaningful connections that come from it: for the whole patient, their families, each other, and the communities we serve—it truly is all about helping people. You can find a home for your career here.
As a Hospice Admissions RN, you can expect:
- the ability to develop trusting relationships as an end-of-life care expert.
- being valued and respected by patients and their families.
- employee-focused wellness and support programs.
- incredible team support and empathetic leadership.
Take your nursing career to a new level of caring.
The Admissions Nurse is responsible for execution of the hospice admission process in compliance with federal
and state regulations. The Admissions Nurse will advocate for the patient and family to meet those stated needs
that hospice can cover and/or refer them to other resources as appropriate.
- Demonstrates competency with potential patients, hospice eligibility and meeting with families in assessment of their needs.
- Maintains confidentiality and safety of patient/client clinical records.
- Completes assigned admissions and patient care orders in an effective and timely manner.
- Communicates effectively with physician(s), referral sources, patient, family, and hospice interdisciplinary team regarding the new admission of a patient. Records that may be relevant to determine hospice eligibility.
- Communicates effectively with operational, clinical and sales leadership regarding status of pending referrals.
- Must be a licensed registered nurse in the state of operation.
- At least 2 years of experience in a hospice, home health, or other health care service delivery system setting.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current Driver's License and vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle, or public transportation.