Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
The Morgan Stanley Baltimore office is a critical component of the Firm`s Global footprint and has 1,400 employees that provide support and services to the Investment Banking, Securities, Investment Management and Wealth Management Businesses.
Description of the role
Our Finance teams are currently seeking to engage with Baltimore's leading talent. We are particularly interested in speaking with both entry level and experienced level talent who are: comfortable collaborating within an analytical environment, familiar with communicating and conversing with a wider team, and able to be proactive within a high energy work setting. You can speak with us further about opportunities within: Institutional Securities Group (ISG), Global Corporate Controllers (GCC) and Investment Management (IM) Finance teams, and this will give you the experience and exposure with financial products, financial statements, and regulatory reporting to fulfil your own ambitions.
Reach out to our team if you have an interest or familiarity with anyone of the following: Product Control, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Management Reporting, Balance Sheet production and analysis, Balance Sheet and Net Revenue substantiation, Profit & Loss (P&L) calculation, P&L Attribution (Greeks), Regulatory Reporting, CCAR, Reconciliations, Financial Products such as Stocks, Corporate and Government Bonds, Equity and Interest Rate Options, Spot and Forward FX, Equity and Credit Default Swaps, Commodities, IPOs, Global Capital Markets, Mergers & Acquisitions & Investment Management.
- The Opportunity to work in the Finance department of one of the world's top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight of our business
- Professional development opportunities including access to Morgan Stanley's world-class internal trainings
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- A supportive, engaging and diverse environment, we are inclusive of individual backgrounds and leverage them to foster our work and culture
- Assist in the production & analysis of Daily Profit and Loss as well as, Weekly & Monthly financial reporting.
- Ensure that the Firm's Books & Records are accurate and complete via substantiation and analysis of the Balance Sheet and Income Statement.
- Manage the preparation, consolidation, review and analysis of a number of key reporting activities including but not limited to: budget, forecast, stress testing, pro-forma modeling, sensitivity analysis
- Act as point of contact for the business units and senior leadership on various projects, ad-hoc analysis, regulatory requirements, and risk and control related initiatives.
- A keen ability to collaborate and build relationships with a wider team
- Worked with senior stakeholders against challenging deadlines to deliver positive results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and are able to adapt to your audience
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly with Excel and PowerPoint
- Consistently demonstrated accountability, ownership, proactiveness and attention to detail
- A strong sense of organization and time management skills
- The ability to multi-task and use a high-paced environment to your advantage
- The willingness to observe process and disrupt it in order to prioritize the team's efficiency
- An interest or familiarity with Financial Markets and Products
- Previous work experience in Audit or Accounting, controllership or FP&A
- Proficiency in digital tools such as Tableau, Alteryx & PowerBI
- Experience in managing or leading projects
We are focused on bringing together different backgrounds, experience and talents to deliver world class service. If you are a driven self-starter, client-focused, and eager to contribute to a leading Global Financial Services firm, please apply. We welcome all backgrounds and experiences, and no direct industry experience is required.