Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.What we do:
The Battery Lab Technician – Mechanical’s primary responsibilities are to design and build different test tools/fixtures for battery labs. This role helps organize and perform battery tests at cell level, module level and pack level. The technician also responds to emergency events involving tests and/or equipment.
This position will be required to work on-site 5 days a week.What you can do:
- Design, perform engineering CAD model, and build different test tools/fixtures for battery labs
- Responsible for procurement, setting up, maintaining, and calibrating laboratory equipment and battery machine shop
- Ownership of HV safety protocols in battery characterization lab
- Assist in writing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures
- Create and maintain organization of parts and equipment in the lab
- Assist engineering staff with various hands-on and logistical needs
- Mechanical fabrication of fixtures, enclosures, and test stands
- Order, restock, and maintain lab components, tools and equipment
- Perform electrical, mechanical, and thermal testing
- Assist in the overall assembly, alignment, and test of mechanical assemblies to ensure conformance with performance requirements
- Assist in the operation and calibration of laboratory support equipment used in assembly and alignment.
- Disassemble, clean, lubricate, and reassemble optical stages and other precision equipment
- Operates and maintains laboratory cryogenic and high vacuum systems
- Assist lab manager with maintaining and configuring the general laboratory environment using cranes, pallet jacks, and other material handling equipment
- Assist with maintaining laboratory thermal ovens and high vacuum equipment
- May require up to 10% of domestic and international travel
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree in electrical, mechanical, chemical, aviation/aerospace or related field preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in mechanical testing (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Demonstrated experience in building a battery lab, to include proper installation of equipment
- Working experience with high voltage systems, along with high-voltage safety training
- Working experience in machine shop: drill press, chain saw, etc.
- Experience working with common battery cycling hardware
- Experience with CAD tools, CATIA preferred
- Knowledge in use of standard electronics lab tools including DC meters, DC power supplies.
- Knowledge of safety hazards of working with and electrical and mechanical testing of lithium- ion batteries
- Ability to interpret shop manuals, schematics, and work instructions.
- Ability to handle multiple complex challenges within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- Careful and meticulous attention to detail, during battery assembly, testing, and data entry
- Ability to work independently and with a team
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category or class protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at:
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code subject to U.S. export controls laws and regulations. If an export authorization from an applicable US regulatory agency is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such regulatory authorization(s) and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations pursuant to such authorization(s).
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location.The per-hour pay range for this position is:$36—$36.56 USD
Click HERE or visit: https://jobs.supernal.aero/benefits to view our benefits!