As part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you'll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale! Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life every single day to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our global teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while helping to take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world's toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer.
Location/Division Specific Information
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm
Pay: $20-22/hr, depending on experience
Location: 1st St in Cambridge, MA; please note position will be transferring to our Necco St location in Boston location 4-6 months of start date
Discover Impactful Work:
Provides work direction to and/or performs all duties of a site specialist or site technician to ensure customer satisfaction. Monitors workflow to optimize staffing and services for customers. Work closely with customers and sales representatives/managers to support all service expectations. Services may include the portfolio of services provided, including order entry, order management, operating customer procurement systems, stockroom services, material handling, shipping/receiving, chemical tracking, and glass wash operations. It may also include lab-based tasks, including media/reagent preparation and cell culture support operations. Acts as a liaison between customers, sales, suppliers, logistics, and management using special system knowledge to ensure the success of customer relationships.
A Day in the Life:
- Assists in organizing the staff and workload to meet or exceed productivity performance standards for UnityTM Lab Services. Provides functional supervision to team members by performing site coverage as needed. May assist in the cross-training of associates and the training of new hires.
- Review site employee errors and trains/coaches so potential errors are eliminated.
- Provides daily ongoing training
- Understands the team's workflow in support of contractual obligations and in line with established standard processes.
- Acts as subject matter authority to answer employee, customer and sales representative's questions and resolve problems. Expertise should include:
- Knowledge of customer service agreement, service level agreements and relevant systems
- Work instructions
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Standard Methodologies
- Embraces PPI methodologies.
- Works optimally with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Performs as a Senior Site Specialist, Site Specialist or Site Technician.
- Answer customer questions and respond to problems.
- Meets with customers proactively to help settle ongoing needs. Advises site employees of special customer requirements, resolves problems and keeps employees informed of corrective action
- Other duties as assigned.
Keys to Success:
Must be Legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check to include drug screening.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Hands-on inventory management and dock service experience is helpful but not required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proven verbal, written and presentation skills
- Displays confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher.
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics' Four-I Values
- Validated excellence in customer service skills.
- Thorough, problem-solver, and promoter of a team environment.
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer and the interpersonal look after all with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must be proficient with a computer and the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Demonstrates basic leadership concepts.
- Have proven initiative in previous work experience.
- Show concern for well being & success of others.
- Must possess a high level of communication skills to guide others in performing the work, to effectively present information and respond to questions or customer service requests and get along with various levels of the customer's organization.
- Provide suggestions for corrective action and preventive customer service.
Competitive wages & Excellent benefits package
- Review our company's Total Rewards
- Medical, Dental, & Vision benefits-effective Day 1
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- 401K Company Match up to 6%(after 1 year)
- Tuition Reimbursement - eligible after 90 days
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Employee Discount Program
- Recognition Program
- Charitable Gift Matching
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- We will provide the vital equipment for your role including: computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc.
- We also provide any Personal Protective Equipment you may need including: lab coats, safety glasses, safety shoes, etc.
For more information on our benefits, please visit:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not a comprehensive list of all the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.