Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at Mission Hospital have the opportunity to make a real impact. As a(an) Clinical Nurse Coordinator you can be a part of change.
Mission Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an) Clinical Nurse Coordinator. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) ensures and delivers high quality, patient-centered care and coordination of all functions in the unit/department during the designated shift. In collaboration with other members of the management team, the CNC directs, monitors, and evaluates nursing care in accordance with established policies/procedures, serves as a resource person for staff, and models a commitment to the organization’s vision/mission/values to support an unparalleled patient experience and clinical outcomes that contribute to overall departmental performance.
What you will do in this role:
- Assists with admission and discharge processes to ensure efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered care.
- Participates in the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and other managers to create an environment of teamwork that supports improved outcomes and service.
- Supports a patient-first philosophy and engages in service recovery when necessary.
- Supports the efforts of the facility to improve engagement by operationalizing current nursing strategies, including employee rounding, hourly rounds, and other initiatives.
- Provides recommendations related to interviewing, selecting, and training new staff. Recommends and implements courses of action, including training and development, conflict resolution, personnel policy compliance, completion of performance evaluations, and/or disciplinary actions to ensure a competitively better organization.
- Assists with staff scheduling. Manages all practical aspects of staff labor in accordance with patient care needs and established productivity guidelines.
- Supports proper inventory control and assists with managing supplies and equipment.
What qualifications you will need:
- Required Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing or enroll in a BSN or advanced degree program and obtain a BSN within 5 years of hire date into RN position. Grandfathering will be accepted between departments and Mission Health entities. Exemptions or extensions may be approved by the facility CNO and reported out to the CNO Council members. Each facility will ensure tracking of exemptions should this information be needed. RNs with 10 years or more of experience are exempt.
- Preferred Education: Masters in Nursing.
- Required License/Certifications: Must have and maintain current licensure as registered nurse with the North Carolina Board of Nursing. eNLC (Enhanced Nurse License Compact) license may apply, licensee should confirm with NCBON Certificate: BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Preferred License/Certifications: National Certification in area of specialty
- Required Experience: One-year hospital nursing experience
Mission Hospital is located in Asheville, North Carolina. This is Mission Health's flagship hospital, licensed for 815 beds. Healthgrades named Mission Hospital as of one America's 50 Best Hospitals from 2020-2023. Mission Hospital is in the top 1% of hospitals in the nation for providing the highest clinical quality year over year. Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade recognized Mission Hospital with an "A," nationally recognizing Mission Hospital's achievements in protecting patients and providing safer healthcare. Mission Hospital also earned the prestigious Magnet® Designation in November 2020. This is the highest international honor that distinguishes organizations that meet rigorous nursing excellence standards. We are the regional referral center for tertiary and quaternary care. We are the region's only Level II trauma center. Mission Hospital also includes Mission Children's Hospital. The region's only children's hospital - providing 30 pediatric sub-specialists. We're the busiest surgical hospital west of Raleigh, North Carolina. We are the second-busiest in the state. Mission Hospital provides the only open heart and interventional cardiology in the region. We are the only Cyberknife provider west of Raleigh.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Clinical Nurse Coordinator opening. Submit your application today and help advance the practice of nursing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.