Waterway is hiring for it’s renowned Manager Training and Development Program in the St. Louis Area.
You don’t have to sit at a desk to earn good money and learn how to effectively manage and run a business. You can do that while being active and outdoors as a Manager at Waterway Carwash. Our Learn to Lead® Manager Development Program teaches you how to run our business so that you can run any business.
Successful Managers are highly motivated people who desire to work where they can get high-quality business and people management experience, where hard work is recognized, and where there is a clear-but path to advancement. Waterway Carwash is that place! We look for energetic leaders with the ambition and leadership skills to fast-track their way through our highly structured Learn to Lead® Manager Development Program as they continue their growth.
Waterway’s Learn 2 Lead Management Development Program, the “L2L” is one-of-a-kind:
- Highly structured – distinct levels with defined training and objectives - you always know exactly what you need to do to get promoted!
- Mentored every step of the way - we help you get better every day.
- Learn how to run a Waterway location (OR ANY BUSINESS!),and fast-track up the VERY TALL Waterway ladder!
- Be one of the managers running the location and leading a large team of hourly team members.
- Learn to lead! Be the coach! Be the mentor! Be the role model! Be the boss!
Target Compensation (based on 45 hours per week):
- $50,000 year one. $55,833 year two. $61,167 year three.
- Paid per hour - the more you work the more you get paid!
- Typical schedule is 45 to 47.5 hours each week (5 working days and 2 days off)
Benefits & Perks:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - up to 10 days earned the first year.
- Medical Benefits – Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage starts within 60 days.
- Long-term Investment Matching Program
- College Tuition Assistance Program – continuing your education? Up to $4,000 in tuition expenses covered.
- Very generous Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Waterway Manager uniforms provided.
- Stay active in an outdoor, fast-paced work environment (NOT a desk job!)
- FREE CAR WASHES & FUEL DISCOUNTS
Managers in the L2L may work at any of our 9 St. Louis area Waterway Locations:
- Chesterfield - 15606 Olive Blvd, Chesterfield, MO 63017
- Clayton (Waterway Express) - 122 S Hanley Rd, St. Louis, MO 63105
- Creve Coeur - 10559 Old Olive Street Rd, Creve Coeur, MO 63141
- Kingshighway (Waterway Express) - 2261 S Kingshighway, St. Louis, MO 63110
- Kirkwood - 10850 Manchester Rd, Kirkwood, MO 63122
- Maryland Heights / Westport - 11988 Westline Industrial Dr, Maryland Heights, MO 63146
- O'Fallon MO - 3995 Crusher Dr, O'Fallon, MO 63368
- Shrewsbury - 7201 Watson Rd, Shrewsbury, MO 63119
- Town and Country - 388 Lamp & Lantern Village, Chesterfield, MO 63017
While completing the L2L® training program, Waterway Managers have a variety of responsibilities running the store:
Provide excellent customer service:
- Lead by example in delivering outstanding customer service. Positively and enthusiastically greet customers, identify needs, and sell car wash services, memberships, and other services.
- Identify, address, and correct any customer concern or dissatisfaction.
- Build customer satisfaction, repeat business, and loyalty through delivery of great service and a positive customer experience.
- Effectively manage daily operations, lead and manage team to meet customer expectations.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized environment to ensure a positive visit for every customer including but not limited to: Outside areas: gas pump islands, payment terminal, entrance to tunnel, and customer waiting areas.
Manage daily operations:
- Coordinate daily store production through planning and execution. Staff store based on forecasted business needs and adjust in response to changes in demand.
- Ensure store is opened and staffed correctly. When closing, ensure that all closing procedures are followed, and all assets are adequately secured.
- Maintain high service standards by managing quality and customer service standards. Perform quality checks to verify results, coach team to improve results, identify trends and recommend improvements.
- Complete all required administrative tasks punctually and accurately.
- Respond to and effectively resolve customer and employee concerns and issues. Troubleshoot equipment breakdowns or failures. Monitor and manage store inventories.
- Complete regular audits and ensure the store meets appearance and safety standards.
Lead, manage, and supervise employees:
- Provide daily direction and coaching to employees to enhance performance and employee satisfaction.
- Coach, mentor, and develop employees. Provide effective orientation, training, and feedback to develop employees.
- Create and maintain a positive, professional, and safe work environment that is in alignment with Waterway’s culture, mission, and core values.
- Create weekly employee schedules that ensures sufficient labor coverage for all key positions, meets business demands, and the needs of employees.
- Perform other safety, cleaning, and maintenance tasks as needed.
- Be trained and able to perform essential functions of all hourly positions.
- Support, enforce, and follow Waterway policies, procedures, guidance, and instructions, including and especially those related to safety. Report any damage or injury report in a timely manner, following all established procedures.
- Various other functions as identified and directed by management.
- Current and valid drivers’ license;
- Must have a bachelor’s degree (or within 1 semester of graduation), OR 2 or more years of full-time professional work experience (professional sales, management/supervision, military leadership);
- Available to work a retail schedule (5 of 7 days, 45-50 hours, including weekend and holidays).
- At least 16 years of age;
- Authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
- Environmental – will work outdoors year-round, and be exposed to wide temperature variations, sunshine, wet weather (rain, snow), humidity, wet surfaces, gasoline and exhaust fumes, machinery and moving parts, and brief exposure to car wash tunnel noise.
- Physical – periods of extended standing, bending, lift and carry up to 50 pounds, drive vehicles, reach above and below shoulder level. Complete tasks at a fast pace, sustain consistent physical effort, sustain continuous and prolonged standing and movement. Work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and maintain a calm and professional disposition in all circumstances.
- Vision and Hearing – Far and near visual acuity, peripheral vision and depth perception. Hear, understand, and distinguish speech from other sounds (e.g., alarms, horns, vehicles, and equipment).
- Language – must be able to fluently speak and understand English when communicating with other team members, managers, and customers for business related purposes.
- Attendance – maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance. Work as assigned schedule which may be irregular and include weekends, extended hours, overtime, and holidays.
If an accommodation is needed to participate in the application process, you may request one by contacting our Recruiting Department (). Waterway is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, pregnancy, age, disability, sexual orientation, military status, citizenship or immigration status, or legally protected status.