The people of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) are united by a singular mission: ending cancer for life. Our specialized care teams provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to patients of all ages. Informed by basic research done at our Sloan Kettering Institute, scientists across MSK collaborate to conduct innovative translational and clinical research that is driving a revolution in our understanding of cancer as a disease and improving the ability to prevent, diagnose, and treat it. MSK is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists and clinicians, who go on to pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe. One of the world’s most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer, we have been recognized as one of the top two cancer hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report for more than 30 years.
Vaccination for COVID-19 and Influenza (flu) is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 and Influenza (flu) vaccine requirements are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical, religious, or fully remote exemption. Requests for exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved exemption is required to start work.
We are seeking Patient Care Technicians to become a part of our team of dedicated professionals! As a member of our Magnet- designated Nursing team, you will provide support to the inpatient nursing staff, while working to ensure comfort and safety for our patients and their family members.
Are your ready to take the next step in your career by joining our dynamic Nursing Support Team?You Are:
- Excited to work as part of a care-giving, patient-centered team, capable of building positive relationships and delivering patient-centric solutions
- A problem-solver, eager to take initiative in new situations and address tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and passion
- Adept at building partnerships and working to meet shared goals and objectives
- A decision-maker, with shown success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Work under the supervision of a Clinical Nurse and assist our patients in a timely, and efficient manner
- Handle situations with a high-level of integrity and compassion
- Responsible for taking vital signs, EKGs, and specimen collections
- Collaborate with the clinical team, providing assistance with procedures when needed
- Use basic computer and data entry skills
- A High School diploma or GED required
- At least 2 years of healthcare related experience in either a NA, PCT, EMT, Med Tech, Phlebotomist, LPN discipline.
If less than 2 years of experience, then a Nursing Assistant or other healthcare related certification within the past year and one year healthcare related experience (NA, PCT, EMT, Med Tech, Phlebotomist, LPN is required.
- BLS certification required by the time of hire.
Please click to learn more about MSK’s compensation philosophy.
Are you ready to learn more about our Benefits?
See below to learn more about MSK's Vission, Mission and Core Values