January 11, 2012 by William Frierson
“Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” – Steve Jobs
Part II of a 4 part discussion on the job market
Traditional means used to discover and obtain new employment opportunities:
- Personal networking
- Re-training and/or upgrading skills.
- Relocation to a region, state, or country with a growing economy; or in need of a particular skilled labor force.
- Search online job boards
- Post resumes on career web sites
- Search corporate web sites for job listings
- Review local newspapers or classifieds
- Contact Headhunters and placement agencies
- Attend on-site career fairs
- Participate in online newsgroups and chat forums
- Contact the desired employer directly.
A hard look at common job search methods will expose many of the reasons why job seekers are not getting the results they desire. Continue Reading