January 11, 2012 by William Frierson
“Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” – Steve Jobs
Part II of a 4 part discussion on the job market
Traditional means used to discover and obtain new employment opportunities:
- Personal networking
- Re-training and/or upgrading skills.
- Relocation to a region, state, or country with a growing economy; or in need of a particular skilled labor force.
- Search online job boards
- Post resumes on career web sites
- Search corporate web sites for job listings
- Review local newspapers or classifieds
- Contact Headhunters and placement agencies
- Attend on-site career fairs
- Participate in online newsgroups and chat forums
- Contact the desired employer directly.
A hard look at common job search methods will expose many of the reasons why job seekers are not getting the results they desire. Continue Reading
Ready to begin your job search? Start at College Recruiter today!