Staff AccountantCreative Financial Staffing | New Haven, CT, 06540, US
Salary Range:$52,000 – $69,000 Salary range estimated by Zippia
Posted 15 days ago
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
The client, located in New Haven, is looking for an Staff Accountant to join their team.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Staff Accountant is responsible for the general ledger, journal entries, and Accounts Payable. A successful candidate will have strong general accounting knowledge and wants to growth within this role.
Essential Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant:
- Process check requests and expense reports on a regular basis.
- Accurately review, code, and process vendor invoices.
- Perform monthly reconciliations including prepaid expenses, capital expenditures and depreciation. Make necessary journal entries to the general ledger.
- Maintain a large number of vendor accounts while staying in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform data entry associated with accounts payable.
- Review and reconcile invoice discrepancies.
- Audit and process credit card bills on timely basis.
- Address and respond to internal and external client inquiries.
- Prepare expense budget to actual reports and ensure proper coding of expenses across departments.
- Make check deposits to appropriate bank accounts.
- Preparation of annual escheat filings of uncashed checks in compliance with statutory requirements for CIRMA.
- Process online banking transactions including voids, deposits, positive pay exceptions and reporting.
Skills Required for the Staff Accountant:
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience/knowledge of the principles and practices of general ledger accounting in an insurance environment.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Tech Savvy.
- Ability to analyze processes and suggest efficiencies
Experience Required for the Staff Accountant:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 0-2 years of experience with an accounting internship
- Additional years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of college degree