Associate ProducerSinclair Broadcast Group | Chicago, IL, 60694, US
Posted 12 days ago
Marquee Sports Network is the exclusive television home of the Chicago Cubs in partnership with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI). We are the Chicago-regions exclusive network for fans to view live Cubs games and also feature extensive pre and postgame coverage, exclusive Cubs content and other local sports programming. Marquee Sports Network also is a network partner of the 2021 WNBA Champion Chicago Sky.
Marquee Sports Network is looking for an Associate Producer with strong knowledge of television production as well as a passion for baseball to join our team. The Associate Producer will assist the studio and live-game Producers in several tasks with the goal of driving fan engagement, brand awareness and marketplace relevance.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Under the direction of the Producer, independently produce and edit intermediate/advanced level VO/SOT (Voice Over/Sound on Tape) elements, teases, breakdown packages, features, and other creative elements for daily live and post-produced shows
- Produce News and In-Game updates when necessary
- Assist Producers with creative content and production elements
- Prepare features and participate in field producing roles as assigned
- Mentor PAs in editing and/or other areas of Production as directed
- Participate in segment producing (e.g., sales and marketing projects, social media, special features and interviews) as assigned
- Produce and edit entry-level post-produced shows as assigned
- Be comfortable operating and/or populating the bottom-line ticker
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years sports television production experience or related business experience is required
- A deep knowledge of and passion for baseball strongly preferred
- Ability to effectively utilize Avid and/or Adobe Premiere Edit Software, Diamond Logger, iNews and other computer programs strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Be extremely organized, demonstrate initiative and an ability to complete multiple assignments in a timely manner with tight deadlines strongly preferred
- Individual must work well in a dynamic environment while being able to work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously strongly preferred
- Demonstrate the tact, diplomacy, decisiveness, and superior people skills required in a pressurized live television environment strongly preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays required
- Possess the visual acuity to work in darkened edit rooms for extended periods of time to produce required content strongly preferred
- Possess auditory acuity to effectively listen to instructions via Riedel system, phones, etc. required
- Possess the manual dexterity to effectively operate keyboard/mouse on computers, edit equipment, etc. required
- Bachelors degree is strongly preferred; a communications, Journalism, or related major is preferred.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before.We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Lets talk.