Estimator / Preconstruction ManagerMichael Page | Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33302, US
Posted 10 days ago
The Estimator / Junior Pre-Construction Manager is responsible for supporting the team in management of assigned preconstruction and estimating taks including, takeoffs, bidding, etc.
Our client is a well established General Contractor with over 40 years of experience in Commercial and Residential Construction projects.
- Review quantity take-offs, analysis, estimate, and studies for all items incorporated in the assigned scope.
- Review drawings, specifications and all other construction documents. Make senior management aware of design-related problems, completeness of documents and other potential risks.
- Responsible for the value engineering process during preconstruction for the assigned projects.
- Knowledge of and working relationships with subcontractors, suppliers, vendors and consultants.
- Ensure strict adherence to safety, Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC), ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Communicate and collaborate with Operations and Purchasing during preconstruction efforts.
- Develop and enhance owner, architect, subcontractor and vendor relations.
- Responsible for the preparation of preliminary estimates and studies during preconstruction to monitor design development cost trends in order to detect over-runs and potential problem areas.
- Ensure assigned tasks are completed and delivered within time-frames allotted.
- Assist Purchasing in evaluating and analyzing subcontractor proposals.
- 4 year engineering degree or equivalent combinations, technical training and/or experience.
- 2- 5 years of commercial construction estimating experience (in South Florida)
- Base Salary
- Bonus Structure
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.