Behavior Specialist - Entry Level - Rohnert Park, CaCenter for Social Dynamics | Rohnert Park, CA, 94928, US
Posted 15 days ago
Are you a self-motivated, hands-on individual looking to do something passionate and meaningful with your career? Join us as we open a world of possibilities.
Our Rohnert Park, Calocation is currently seeking Part-Time Behavior Specialists to join our dynamic and growing team!
- Position starts at $20-$25 per hour based on experience
- Flexible schedule - Minimum of 25 hours of availability
- Paid training, drive-time & mileage reimbursement
- Growth & development opportunities
- Free tuition through our Dreams Come TRUE program
The Center for Social Dynamics (CSD) is an organization providing services to those with developmental delays, including autism. Our mission is to open a world of possibilities for individuals with Autism and other developmental needs through science, compassion, and humility.
We are grounded in our values of Transparency, Respect, Understanding, & Excellence (TRUE), which guide our efforts as a respected & growing employer and industry leader. Our people and programs deliver personalized, professional, evidence-based behavioral and developmental services to each participant, and peace of mind to caregivers that their loved ones are in the right hands.
About the Opportunity
Whats a Behavior Specialist?
Its more than a job, its a calling. Its an opportunity to begin a new career where you can have an impact on a childs life through teaching, learning and playing. You will find joy in small victories and be resilient in the face of setbacks all in a days work.
We will teach you to use the strategies of Applied Behavior Analysis to work with clients who have development delays, such as Autism. A Behavior Specialist provides direct 1:1 therapy for teaching life skills and behavior reduction to those with Autism in a gentle, center or home-based environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Have fun with our clients while teaching them the skills that they need
- Implement individualized programs for children and young adults based on behavioral analysis principles that increase communication, self-help, social and play skills
- Manage inappropriate behaviors that occur through the implementation of Behavior Intervention Plans (BIPs) and support from your clinical team
- Capture thorough notes using a tablet/mobile device to manage the child's progress
- Facilitate interactions with peers, coworkers, and families
- Keep the children motivated to learn through positive reinforcement and fun play-based therapy
- Additional job duties as assigned
Benefits & Perks
Starting as a part-time opportunity, you will have an opportunity to grow your career in this purpose-filled industry where you can see results every day. Benefits include:
- Competitive, market pay based on experience, location, and skills
- Bonus eligibility
- Medical benefits - eligible after working 30+ hours/week consistently over a six-month period
- Paid drive time and mileage reimbursement
- Paid time off (PTO)
- CSD issued cell phone
- Tuition reduction program - In-House ABA Program - National University for Bachelors and Masters degrees
Requirements & Qualifications
- You enjoy working with children and making a difference!
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Flexible availability - high demand for time Monday-Friday 3pm-8pm and Saturday 9am-1pm
- Minimum availability of 25 hours per week
- Complete new hire training conducted online and in person. All training time is paid.
- Proof of vaccinations (MMR, Varicella, and COVID California mandated)
- Reliable transportation required
- Frequent bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, twisting to observe, assess and interact with infants/toddlers (50%).
- Frequent speaking and listening (50%) to clients, staff, and other professionals in-meetings and on-the-phone.
- Occasional walking to, bending to enter, sitting, and using upper and lower limbs to drive car to-and-from home visits and meetings (20%).
- Occasional sitting and maintaining close visual attention to write reports and perform computer work (15%).
- Occasional lifting, carrying, and loading/unloading of toys and materials used in home visits (10%).
CSD is a proud equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Pursuant to applicable State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Our TRUE Values
Transparency in the work that we do and the actions we take to achieve our mission. There are no hidden agendas or motives at Center for Social Dynamics. Each familys unique cultures, values, and generational dynamics.
Respect for all and the value that everyone brings towards accomplishing our mission. No one at CSD is worth more or less, and together we are greater than the sum of our parts.
Understanding through tolerance, cooperation, and empathy in the pursuit of our mission. We never lose sight of who we are, the people we serve, and our purpose and meaning.
Excellence in our drive, passion, and commitment to our mission. CSD will always do what it takes to deliver the best, leave no one behind, and champion our cause.