MDS CoordinatorVolunteers of America | Eckert, CO, 81418, US
Posted 17 days ago
Come join our awesome team as an MDS Nurse at Horizons Care Center!
Horizons Care Center is part of Volunteers of America National Services which serves as the Housing and Healthcare affiliate of the Volunteers of America parent organization.
MDS Nurse Job Highlights:
- $33.00-37.50/hour, depending on experience
- Part-time 4 hour shifts Monday through Friday (on-call one weekend per month)
- Once trained this can be a hybrid position, onsite at least 1 day/week
- Generous refer a friend bonus, up to $5,000
- 403(b) Retirement Plan;
- Career scholarships;
- Quality training, continuing career education and leadership programs;
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, or
- Pay in lieu of benefits;
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
About the job:
The MDS Nurse is responsible for planning and organizing the MDS/RAI process in coordination with the RAI/PPS Coordinator. This position assures compliance with all State and Federal MDS transmission requirements. The MDS Nurse is responsible for collaborating with Clinical and Administrative staff regarding issues relative to the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) process.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works within coordination of RAI/PPS Coordinator for scheduling and proper coding of all new admission and PPS assessments.
- Completes the minimum data set assessment (MDS) and Care Area Assessment (CAAS) within the required time frames.
- Consults with IDT members for pertinent clinical information as needed.
- Utilize direct interview/observation skills, chart audits, resident/family interviews and communication with direct care staff when completing assessments.
- Works with Interdisciplinary team to determine resident significant change in status and OMRA assessments.
- Completes Nursing Sections of MDS per facility policy and ensures completion of assigned sections by other disciplines.
- Follows and updates facility MDS schedule and tracking forms per policy and procedure.
- Follow facility policy and procedure on Resident Care Planning.
- Ensure that care plans accurately reflect the cares and clinical monitoring provided.
- Audits completion and review of completed MDS assessments randomly on each floor monthly.
Required Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Current licensure in the state of employment as a Registered Nurse.
- Registered Nurse with previous long- term care experience with working knowledge of the RAI process preferred.
- Displays knowledge of RAI/PPS process.
- Follows all infection prevention and control and OSHA requirements.
About Horizons Health Care:
Situated at the base of the scenic Grand Mesa in Eckert, CO, Horizons Health Care Center offers staff the opportunity to connect with a tight community while surrounded by breathtaking scenery. We help to foster a work-life balance by offering employees paid-time off benefits as part of our comprehensive benefits package. Our diverse and involved staff members are supported by the commitment to maintain relationships of functional trust with every team member, to always practice solutions-focused problem solving, and to continually affirm each team members contribution to the quality of our work. Come join a diverse, involved, and compassionate team and see how we earned our Great Place to Work certification for 4 years running.
Our 2022 Great Place to Work survey results found that 87% of employees said their work has a special meaning: this is not just a job.
Take pride in helping others, and join us today!
At VOANS, we celebrate sharing, encouraging and embracing diversity. Equal employment opportunities are available to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that blending individual strengths and unique personal differences nurtures and supports our organizations shared commitment to our mission and creates an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to do their personal best.