Phlebotomist II -1st ShiftInnova Solutions | Tulsa, OK, 74145, US
Salary Range:$21,000 – $26,000 Salary range estimated by Zippia
Posted 15 days ago
Hope you're doing well.
You have an awesome background & I'd love to know if you are looking for a change or new opportunity for our pharma customer.
Please check below job details for our customer:
Myrtle Beach, SC
The main function of a phlebotomist is to assist in performing various assigned duties, trouble shooting, training and making work flow recommendations.
- Experience doing blood draws, labeling specimens, centrifuging specimens, recording maintenance data and decontamination, updating patient information, etc.
- Collects and stores specimens according to established procedures.
- Properly explains in a clear but courteous manner the process of the venipuncture (blood drawing) and or other specimen collection (ex. urine or fecal) as required
- Demonstrate technique/s using straight needles and/or butterfly needles. Fully understand all of the physicians' orders.
- Matches laboratory requisition forms to specimen tubes. Label, centrifuge, split, and freeze specimens as required by test order.
- Check all test requisitions or computer label against script to ensure 100% correct.
- Package specimens for transport Stores specimen sample according to required temperature, places samples in appropriate collection container/ tube, accurately labels, follows different procedures as outlined by specific to protocol deemed necessary for transport to maintain integrity of the specimen. Understand and comply with OSHA and DEP regulations. Attend annual department trainings Answer telephone calls, read laboratory results to satisfy inquiries.
- Valid Phlebotomy certification for the state where you will be employed as required in some states
- Minimum of 6 months' work experience performing venipunctures in a fast paced lab or hospital setting Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- High School Diploma or GED2-4 years of experience.
Thank and regards,
820 West Jackson Blvd, Suite 600, Chicago, IL 60607
P: (+1) 813-540-2691