Fund AccountantStrategic Staffing Solutions | Dallas, TX, 75215, US
Posted 13 days ago
FUND Accountants / Controllers Needed, for "Fund Accounting Team!" in a Progressive Bank! ( Referral Bonuses awarded, when we hire one of your referred Fund Accountants )
Controllers Divisional Overview:
Controllers / Accountants ensure that the firm meets all the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. In the Controllers Department, our professionals measure the profitability of, and risks associated with, every aspect of the firm's business. Controllers also ensure that the firm's activities are conducted in compliance with the regulations governing transactions in the financial markets. The Fund Accounting Team within the Controllers Group is looking to add Associates in Dallas, TX.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly accounting and reporting packages, including fund-level net asset values and investor capital statements for private equity investment funds.
2. Prepare ad hoc reporting requests, management fee analysis, cash flow analysis, and provide assistance with client audit and financial reporting related requests.
3. Prepare and book journal entries relating to daily cash activity, investment activity, currency purchases/exchanges, swap settings, debt payments, fund expenses, and investor contributions and distributions.
4. Prepare period-end close transactions including mark-to-market valuation and foreign currency adjustments, accruals, and other transactions.
1. Bachelor's degree in accounting.
2. Strong accounting background, including booking journal entries, performing account reconciliation, and performing account analysis.
3. Strong Excel skills, effective communication skills, and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
4. Ability to prioritize and manage his/her workload such that deadlines are consistently met without exception.
5. 4+ years of experience; Public Accounting preferable.
6. Experience with debt and equity investments.
7. Experience with private equity funds.
8. Partnership accounting experience.
9. Experience in accounting for foreign currency transactions.
10. General ledger experience.
11. Managerial experience in a team environment.