Care AideInterim Healthcare | Brownsville, TX, 78520, US
Salary Range:$20,000 – $27,000 Salary range estimated by Zippia
Posted 7 days ago
To provide personal care and incidental activities of daily living to clients in the home setting as permitted by federal and state law and regulations.
- Conducts the initial care delivery visit to client.
- Follows the written assignment sheet/service plan to:
- Assist the client with activities of daily living such bathing, grooming, toileting and elimination, and nutritional intake.
- Assist the client with ambulation, transfers and/or range of motion exercises.
- Assist the client with incidental activities of daily living such as shopping, homemaking, preparing meals and maintaining a clean and safe physical environment.
- Promote a safe client environment.
- Perform only assigned tasks as instructed by the Supervisor, as applicable and where permitted by state law; (Assigned tasks are those tasks (permitted by state law or regulation if applicable) for which the Personal Care Aide has received training and Interim HealthCare has accepted and verified as appropriate).
- Utilizes infection control measures such as hand washing and personal protective equipment.
- Observes and reports safety hazards and changes in client condition to Supervisor.
- Documents observations and activities in an accurate, complete and timely manner.
- Organizes self to carry out visits/shifts and to complete assigned tasks.
- Attends mandatory in-services and provide requested documents to keep employee file current.
- Assists with orientation & training of field based care professionals.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information (PHI) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
The Interim HealthCare Home Care Aide may not:
- Perform any personal care or skilled nursing procedure, which is prohibited by the State Nurse Practice Act.
- Reconcile bank statements, endorse checks, or use any form of the clients credit (e.g. credit or debit cards, ATM).
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Age of majority in the state.
- Any training required by state law or regulation or
- Twelve (12) months of accumulated experience in a similar job classification or similar life experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Successful completion of appropriate knowledge (competency) assessment.
- Meets applicable health requirements to provide care.
- Other minimum requirements as defined by state law or regulation.
- Proof of valid auto liability insurance and valid drivers license as required by the organizations insurance carrier if assignment(s) include driving a vehicle, preferred.
- Able to hear, speak and write and read in English in a manner understood by most people.
- Able to read ten (10) point or larger type.
- Able to effectively handle multiple tasks or functions.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Able to constantly travel locally from assignment to assignment.
- Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and reach freely.
- Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of palm, i.e. manipulate pen, knobs or objects.
- Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous materials.
- Able to frequently lift and carry up to 50 pounds in order to carry out daily job functions and related activities that may be required.