Assistant Property Manager- Lease UpVolunteers of America | Asheville, NC, 28814, US
Posted 9 days ago
Come join our awesome team as aProperty ManageratLewis Place in Raleigh,North Carolina!
Lewis Place is part of Volunteers of America National Services, which serves as the Housing and Healthcare affiliate of the Volunteers of America parent organization.
Property Manager Job Highlights:
- 403(b) Retirement Plan;
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $46,800 per year based on experience
Schedule: Monday- Friday, occasional weekends.
About the job:
The AssistantProperty Manageris responsible for leasingup and maintaining a new construction LIHTC property enthusiastically and effectively through aggressive marketing, closing new applicants, and detailed tracking of applications, denials, and cancellations. To assist the Property Manager in maintaining the property in accordance with all regulations and financial standards and KPIs post lease
Required Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- High School Diploma, plus a minimum of two (2) years of property management experience
- Familiarity with Property Management office procedures, including property management software (Realpage/Onesite).
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to handle confidential information professionally.
- Must have a valid driver's license, some travel is required.
- Individuals must possess a positive attitude, energetic and dynamic ability to lease apartment homes, a high level of flexibility, be an effective communicator, be detail orientated with strong organizational skills, have the ability to work with minimal supervision, focus on completing assigned tasks in a timely manner, and a willingness to get involved.
- Knowledge of computer operations, including basic data entry.
- LIHTC lease-up experience and NAPL certification are preferred.
- On a daily basis, provides assistance to the Property Manager in all aspects of Property Management
to include rent collection, resident notices, certifications, marketing/outreach, and resident events.
- Represents the company in a positive, professional manner to all applicants, residents, and vendors.
- Walks tour route, verifies and opens show units, and checks cleanliness of all tour areas and office.
- Responsible for processing rental applications, certifications, and prepare leasing
documents in accordance with the regulatory agencys specifications and Fair Housing Laws.
- Responsible for collections of rent from property residents.
- Maintain resident and property files and waiting lists.
- Creates, follow up with, and ensures completion and satisfaction of resident work orders by
the maintenance team.
- Assists with audit preparations each year.
- Attends training as assigned.
- Step in to cover Property Manager Duties in when Property Manager absent.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
Our 2022 Great Place to Work survey results found that 87% of employees said their work has a special meaning: this is not just a job.
Take pride in helping others, and join us today!
At VOANS, we celebrate sharing, encouraging and embracing diversity. Equal employment opportunities are available to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that blending individual strengths and unique personal differences nurtures and supports our organizations shared commitment to our mission and creates an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to do their personal best.