CNA Specialist (CNA/Clerical) - Med/Surg Unit (2N)LifePoint Health | Sylva, NC, 28779, US
Posted a month ago
CNA Specialist (CNA/Clerical) - Med/Surg Unit (2N) in Sylva, NC at Harris Regional Hospital
$10,000 sign on bonus for CNAs. (A 2-year commitment period is required. The Bonus payout occurs over the 2-year period.)
The C.N.A., under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse, provides direct and non-direct personal care to patients. Understands and reacts effectively to the unique needs of all patients. Works collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team to provide safe patient care.
In the “Specialist” status an employee must be proficient in the duties of Unit Secretary and meet qualifications required for a Certified Nursing Assistant. Performing Telemetry Tech duties in addition to meeting qualifications for Certified Nursing Assistant may also qualify individual for Specialist title. Training for the Telemetry and/or Unit Secretary duties will be provided on the job.
Work responsibilities may involve access to medication storage areas to perform core job functions, deliver non narcotic medications or restock supplies. Assists with orienting new employees and students as required.
1. High School graduate or GED preferred.
2. Current Listing as a Certified Nursing Assistant with the state of North Carolina Division of Facility Services with no substantiated findings of abuse, neglect or misappropriation of property in a facility that provides Nursing Care.
3. American Heart Association BLS Certification maintained.
4. If functioning in the Telemetry Tech role: Completion of a basic telemetry monitoring course and/or completion of competency training for basic arrhythmia interpretation may be required as determined by the department director and/or
5. If functioning in the Unit Secretary role: Completion of training in basic unit secretary tasks (i.e., transcription of physician order, computer data entry, etc.)
1. Ability to lift and move at least 50 pounds.
2. Ability to see colors, see at least 1 mm squares.
3. Ability to hear within normal range.
4. Ability to reach overhead.
5. Ability to remain calm, continue to function effectively and develop priorities during stressful situations.
6. Ability to communicate effectively using written and verbal media.
7. Ability to move an operate equipment and carry supplies.
8. Ability to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.