Safety ManagerGlass Solutions, Inc. | Itasca, IL, 60143, US
Posted 23 days ago
Glass Solutions, Inc. is a regional commercial glazing contractor, primarily focusing on exterior facades, tenant improvements and specialty glazing on new, existing and renovated building projects. The GSI mission is to be an elite specialty contractor and trade partner in the construction industry. They emphasize client satisfaction and core company values. In 2019, Glass Solutions, Inc. reached an important milestone celebrating 20 years in business. Additionally, Glass Solutions, Inc. ranked 29 th in Glass Magazine’s 2022 Top 50 Contract Glaziers and was also named "Best Company to Work For" in the industry byUSGlass Magazinein 2022.
Glass Solutions, Inc. is seeking a Safety Manager who will be responsible for promoting and maintaining health and safety policies throughout all levels of the organization and for ensuring regulatory compliance for all field operations. The Field Safety Coordinator is also responsible for providing the necessary expertise to achieve and maintain a safe work environment, reducing accidents and injuries while maintaining compliance with Federal, State and Local regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes, but not limited to:
- Prevents hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities through safety management and collaboration with supervisory personnel.
- Conduct new hire safety orientation and / or trainings for every new hire field employee
- Works with the Safety director to audit jobsites and GSI’s manufacturing facility to identify where safety improvements are needed.
- Positively impacts company performance by focusing on first line supervisors which facilitates hazard recognition and solutions.
- Manages necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Manages the certifications and re-inspections of all safety equipment and products.
- Manages the inspection, repair, replacement and any required re-certification of tools and equipment to ensure compliance with required safety standards and practices including Federal, State and/or Local regulations.
- Manages all employee training and certifications. And coordinates training and certifications with HR
- Identifies safety hazards on job sites and coordinates corrective action with the Safety Director.
- Attends job-site meetings, formal and informal, to review the safety procedures and plan for the project.
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of Safety Programs and Policies, including compliance with OHSA.
- Distribute GSI corporate safety requirements and policies to all jobsites.
- Establish, implement and monitor GSI jobsite specific safety program.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with GC/Owner corporate and project specific safety programs.
- Ability to recognize unsafe conditions, practices and behavior on job sites.
- Document work-related incidents to include unsafe conditions, near-misses, and actual accidents.
- Investigates the circumstances of any accident or near miss to identify the cause and corrective action.
- Submit required Incident Reports promptly and develops a preventative and corrective action plan.
- Implement and carry out any new corrective action plan directly related to any accidents, injuries or near misses.
- Assist in the coordination of work duties for employees on medical restrictions.
- Participates in operations meetings to assist all employees and the Safety director in matters pertaining to occupational health and incident prevention.
- Communicates clearly and regularly with GSI’s and GC’s project managers, field and shop personnel to perform the essential responsibilities of this position.
- Communicates regularly with the Safety Director while supporting co-workers to maintain and confirm compliance with all required paperwork qualifications.
- Promotes a high-level of safety and consciousness throughout the organization.
- Acts as the lead field resource for questions, research and changes in the OSHA and various state safety and health codes.
- Willing and able to be an OSHA competent person.
- Willing to travel as required.
- Continuing education as directed by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety/Health preferred.
- A minimum 5 years related industry experience.
- OSHA 30 required; OSHA 500 preferred.
- Basic understanding/ability to read architectural drawings.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office 365 Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), Teams and Zoom and report writing skills.
- Excellent organizational, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a team and independently.
- Ability to problem solve and provide recommendations and solutions to meet customer requirements.
Interested candidates should submit a resume via email to HR@gsichicago.com.
Glass Solutions, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.