SLS Flex SpecialistProto Labs, Inc. | ND, US
Posted 25 days ago
The AM Flex Specialist will rotate between pre and post production jobs. Responsible for the preparation of builds, safe cleaning and finishing of parts and the operation of Proto Labs Prototyping equipment. Able to build, clean and finish high quality parts while maintaining on time deliveries for customer orders.
Will be primarily flexed between machine lab and finishing. Shift available is Thursday - Sunday 4am - 2pm
Specific Duties Include:
- Operate and maintain the hardware and software of the RP equipment to create high-quality prototypes in a safe and efficient manner.
- Effectively use all work instructions and checklists associated with pre and post build operations.
- Communicate with Build Prep team, Process Engineering and Customer Service regarding the building and completing of customer orders while maintaining scheduled ship dates.
- Communicate with other departments and supervisors regarding part quality, process updates and production schedules.
- Safe removal of excess resin on RP models in a Solvent cleaning process.
- Safe removal of cleaned RP models from build platforms.
- Remove support structure and sand remaining supports to create a smooth, clean surface according to specified finish level.
- Verify RP models meet quality standards, count parts and verify order quantities.
- Assist in the removal and disposal of contaminated materials according to Proto Labs policies.
- Start machine builds according to schedule
- Tip and pull completed machine builds from machines
- Responsible for various laboratory operations
- Manage material and supply inventory within the machine lab
- Work on additional responsibilities as assigned, including but not limited to safety procedures, resolving process issues, vat swaps, rotational maintenance and developmental processes.
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory environment.
- Observe all Proto Labs Safety and Quality Procedures.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
- Experience with a Windows computing environment as well as the ability to learn custom software packages.
- Must be able to follow instructions and focus on the specific details involved in accurately prepping, cleaning and finishing all parts.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to focus on one task for extended periods.
- Able to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to actively contribute in a team based environment, encourage open communication and positive interaction with peers and management to effectively reach a common goal.
- Must have strong service and quality focus.
- Punctual with good attendance.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year in additive manufacturing production environment
- 1 year as AM Build Prep Technician, AM Model Finisher or Solvent Specialist or combination thereof.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The ability to visualize 3-Dimensional parts based on CAD data.
- Able to work safely with sharp tools/objects including hobby knives, utility knives, files, abrasives, rotary tools, general cutters and more.
- Able to use a computer and calculator and measuring instruments such as scales and calipers.
- Rigid attention to detail with the capacity to work with small features and tight tolerances.
- Must demonstrate the ability to learn new techniques.
- Must be able to follow instructions in operating and maintaining a laboratory in a clean and safe manner.
- Wear all required PPE (gloves, lab coats, etc.)
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is expected to sit and stand for the entire shift, lift up to 50 pounds waist high, carry up to 50 pounds alone. Essential job duties require reaching, bending, and grasping. Able to read machine-shop gages and indicators.
Indoors (A/C); nonsmoking; the majority of this job function is performed in a manufacturing setting requiring normal safety precautions (eye protection and hearing protection). Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Protolabs maintains ITAR-compliant operations in all of our United States based facilities. Due to ITAR regulations, this role is only open to U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents (green card holders) or foreign nationals granted refugee or asylee status. Individuals with temporary visas (e.g. E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, TN or OPT) are not eligible for hire in this role.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)