Construction InspectorS. W. Cole Engineering, Inc. | ME, US
Posted 18 days ago
We are currently accepting applications for an immediate opening for a Construction Inspector to work on a large two-year long project in the Bangor, Maine area.This position involves performing quality assurance field inspections on a heavy commercial project and field and laboratory testing of construction materials.
Candidates must be responsible and self-motivated, with construction and/or engineering experience. Must be able to lift and carry heavy equipment and samples up to 75 lbs., work in a variety of settings and weather conditions in all seasons, and must be able to stand for extended periods. Must have reliable transportation and an acceptable driving record.
We are looking for candidates who are responsible, personable, have a high attention to detail and quality, effective communication skills, ability to get along with others, and ability to take direction.
Ideally, the candidates previous work experience will include construction inspection, special inspections, QA/QC, knowledge of construction means and methods, materials, ability to read and interpret plans and specifications, and work with and around heavy equipment and operations.
Preference given to candidates with valid certifications Certifications related to construction materials testing including the following:
- PCI Plant Quality Control Technician - I
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician
- ICC Reinforced Concrete Special Inspector
Other requirements for this job include the following:
• Valid driver’s license and active personal auto insurance policy.
• Understand and apply basic math skills.
• Materials sampling & handling (includes moving and transporting up to 75 lbs. over uneven ground).
• Ability to communicate effectively with others in both verbal and written form.
• Ability to interpret project specifications and plans and follow directions.
• Ability to safely operate company equipment, and communicate using signals in the field.
• Must obtain Nuclear Densometer Certification, and complete the OSHA 10-Hour Construction Certification within one month of hire (paid and provided by S.W.COLE).
• Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer. We are not able to sponsor employment Visas at this time.
HS diploma required. Associates degree in Building Technology, Civil Engineering, or related degree preferred.
To be considered for this position please fill out the application, and upload a resume and a cover letter.The cover letter should demonstrate your writing skills and summarize how your experience and qualifications make you a good candidate for this position.
S.W.COLE has Great Benefits !!
Our team members are offered a benefits package that, depending on eligibility, includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer match
- 8 paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) accrued each week
- Paid short and long termdisabilityand basic life insurance
- 401k with employer match and profit sharing
- Voluntary life insurance
- Critical Illness and Accident protection plans
- Mobile phone stipend
- Tuition reimbursement
- Safety toe shoe program and an allowance to use at our company clothing store.
- Paid Identity Theft Protection
We have three options for travelling between our office and job sites for field based team members – 1) Use your own suitable vehicle and we reimburse you for your mileage. 2) Use one of our company trucks. 3) Join our Company Vehicle Program, which includes an allotment for personal use.
S. W. Cole Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled