Environment Services Associate PRNTexas Health Huguley FWS | Deland, FL, 32723, US
Posted 23 days ago
Environment Services Associate PRN (
Job Number:22040181 )
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
- Schedule: PRN
- Shift : As Needed (Scheduled hours vary week to week 8-32hrs) NIGHTS
- The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Deland: 701 W Plymouth Ave. Deland, FL 32720
The role you’ll contribute:
As an Environmental Service Associate you will be under the direction of the Environmental Services Manager, assists in maintaining the cleanliness level of the hospital in all patients, public and ancillary areas. Includes any other areas as may be assigned in accordance with the mission, goals, and policies of the Environmental Services Department.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Ensures a safe, clean, and well-maintained facility daily. Travels to assigned areas and responds to overhead pages and or the use of the pager.
- Cleans patient rooms, public areas, restrooms, offices, and ancillary rooms in assigned areas. Collects and disposes of trash (contaminated or non-contaminated) in an appropriate manner. Collects and stages soiled linen for pick up. Procedures include but are not limited to: sweeping, dust mopping, damp mopping, high dusting, wall washing, scrubbing, bed making and vacuuming.
- Demonstrates a complete knowledge of infection control, isolation procedures and proper operation of cleaning equipment related to cleaning.
- Must have full knowledge of matters of sanitation, use of disinfectants and proper operation of cleaning equipment.
- Attends all departmental in-services as scheduled, actively plans and contributes to the department activities as requested.
- Maintains age specific precautions. Cleaning carts will not be left unattended. Environmental Services closets will remain locked at all times. Keep hallways and pathways clear of debris, cleaning equipment, and tools.
- Wipes down all commonly touched surfaces and shower heads with a disinfectant cleaner.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
- Ability to communicate in English
- Ability r ead and understand Material Safety Data Sheets, product labels, various reports and do basic arithmetic.
- Ability to follow oral, written assignments and have full knowledge of basic environmental duties.