Welding Manager - LeaderOculus Search Partners | Cedar Rapids, IA, 52404, US
Posted 18 days ago
Major established and brand name company that is part of the global leader in what they manufacture and has a good working culture that empower s their employees to do great work in their company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth has the below described need . Their associates are the foundation of their continued success. For innovative people who enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share their vision and grow with them. There are major company benefits, profit sharing, and attractive relocation assistance. The role will be at a plant in southeastern IA near the Quad Cities.
About the position:
As a Welding Manager on the first shift u nder minimum supervision, plans, organizes, implements, and manages the activities, resources, and people for assigned projects and functional areas of responsibility, ensuring goals and objectives clearly support the Company’s Strategic Plan for a department . Will p rovide leadership and guidance to subordinates. Although the position is based during the first shift there can be need at times to be there on another shift (mainly the 2 nd shift). Utilized is mostly MIG welding, but there is also some robotic weld in the environment.
- Working with Manager, assists with the development of project plans, goals and objectives in support of the company’s Strategic Plan. Cascades information regarding Strategic Plan to subordinates to ensure functional areas is fully aligned with organization.
- Provides support with budget development. Manages budget and utilizes corporate resources to maximize effectiveness, recognizing the group’s impact on the corporate bottom line.
- Mentors and coaches employees, sharing job specific knowledge. Encourages training and development opportunities.
- Manages performance through clear objective setting; engages in timely and meaningful performance appraisals and discussions to foster an environment of open communication.
- Demonstrates functional expertise, business acumen, and technical competencies and provides leadership in these areas.
- Creates an environment that fosters and supports continuous improvement and demonstrates a sense of urgency that results in a commitment to quality results.
- Understands customer requirements and focuses on high leverage opportunities to ensure customer satisfaction. Ensures employees understand their customer needs and ensures excellent relationships with external and internal customers.
- Focuses on breaking down organizational barriers. Promotes an environment of collaboration, trust, and professional relationships. Demonstrates high level of commitment to teamwork and supports cross-functional team involvement.
- Sets an example by treating all employees with dignity and respect, and by applying consistent and fair implementation of company policies across functional areas of responsibility.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing. Demonstrates excellent listening skills to foster an environment of two-way, open communication in all interactions.
- Champions safety as an integral part of everyone’s job and holds self and employees accountable to highest standard of safe conduct.
- Four or more years of professional and/or management experience is required along with very good leadership skills
It would be great if you had:
- A Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Experience in Manufacturing environment managing a Weld Shop I preferred, but will consider management with other processes in metal working manufacturing.
About the total compensation package:
Relocation: This position may qualify for relocation.
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program
- 10 paid holidays
Oculus Search Partners is a member of the global recruiting networks Top Echelon Network and NPAWorldwide and we work in collaboration with recruiting partners in those networks.
When you apply, your resume will be immediately delivered both to us at Oculus Search Partners and also directly to the recruiting firm who we are partnering with on that particular search.
These job listings are updated multiple times each day, so they are always up to date.
On our home page, you can easily search jobs by category, and explore the hundreds of other current job openings we have.