Executive Protection SpecialistHuntington National Bank | Columbus, OH, 43224, US
Posted 20 days ago
Executive Protection Specialist page is loaded
Executive Protection SpecialistApply locations Columbus, OH time type Full time posted on Posted 2 Days Ago job requisition id R0043511
The Executive Protection Specialist acts as primary protection agent to CEO or other VIP designees. Conducts advance work and creates comprehensive security plans, for all trips, events and off-site meetings. Coordinates with other EP Specialists and executive drivers to support all EP needs. Demonstrates an ability to work independently and to adapt to various work-paces while always maintaining a high-level of attentiveness and energy. Exercises sound operational judgment, as well as flexibility to shifting priorities and challenges. Works closely with executive administrative assistants and flight department colleagues to ensure schedule alignment with security plans. Conducts social media and residential physical security assessments for executive leadership team and makes recommendations for safety/security. May travel domestically and internationally to support CEO. Collects and analyzes pertinent intelligence from local and national intelligence sources. Carries a firearm and satisfactory completion and passing of a psychological suitability assessment of fitness to carry a firearm is required after an offer of employment is extended and throughout employment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct threat assessment to mitigate threats and vulnerabilities to Senior Management via investigations, proactive means (actively engaging the aggressor), site visits, preplanning security at events, etc.
- Monitors residence security systems
- Preplans activities for regular and special events
- Provides Duty of Care support and travel tracking for HNB executive international travel
- Coordinates with various service providers and provides close-in personal protection to the principles as they go about their daily activities
- Drives CEO and other Executives as needed
- Provide emergency first aid/CPR as needed
- Assists Corporate Security team with investigations, training, site assessments, etc.
- Acts as liaison with senior security service providers (political/celebrity VIP details, secret service, etc.) for enhanced security as required
- Interacts with corporate and government VIPs, dignitaries and security staff on behalf of Huntington
- Exercises independent judgment responding to potential threats
- Performs protective advance planning
- Transports the Principal and/or family members to events and appointments, using specialty training/evasive and/or defensive driving tactics, as needed
- Effectively manages the Principal and/or their family/representative requests against the need to ensure all safety and security precautions
- Responds to emergencies and coordinates with first responders to perform medical and police operations, as needed
- Deescalates tense situations or individuals that arise at the client residence and/or events
- Acts upon and communicates vulnerabilities or safety concerns in a timely manner
- Completes suspicious activity reports, incident reports. shift logs, pattern of life reports, medical treatment reports, and other administrative requirements
- Ensures vehicle is in clean and safe operating conditions at all times
- Assists with protection schedules and team assignments
- Operates and maintains protective, operations, and communications equipment.
- Conducts independent research to gather, analyze, or evaluate information from a variety of sources, such as law enforcement databases, surveillance, intelligence networks or geographic information systems
- On a daily basis, studies activities related to personal and perceived threats against the Principal or other national security threats against the business
- Develops and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external business partners, local officials and agencies; work to develop relationships with asset protection industry investigators.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- 5+ years practical security experience includes a combination of: Active Shooter Response, Behavior Pattern Recognition, Counterterrorism, Counter Surveillance, Crisis Management, Customer Service, De-escalation, Dignitary Protection, Emergency Medicine, Firearms, High Risk Motor Vehicle Operation, National Incident Management System, Tactical Rescue
- 2+ years of close protection or executive protection experience, preferably in a dignitary or diplomatic environment
- LEOSA permit to carry a concealed firearm (HR 218)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to work autonomous, domestic and international
- Ability to maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations
- Previous exposure to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area
- Rapid and effective decision-making during unusual or emergency situations
- Possess (or have the ability to obtain) an Armed Security Officer Certification in accordance with FAA regulations
- Ability to pass a background check, psychological exam, and other assessments as required
- Ability to effectively communicate security-related concepts/concerns to all levels of personnel;
- General knowledge of relevant laws and regulations that govern the protection of information security and physical assets
- Proven ability to apply sound judgment and use discretion when dealing with sensitive information
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and communication (both written and oral) skills
- EMT experience
- Private sector EP experience
Exempt Status: (Yes = not eligible for overtime pay) (No= eligible for overtime pay)
Huntington is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Practice: Visit Huntington's Career Web Site for more details.
Agency Statement: Huntington does not accept solicitation from Third Party Recruiters for any position
Welcome to Huntington!
At Huntington, we look out for people. From reinventing banking with game-changing innovations to building an internal culture that creates lifelong bonds, together, we can make people’s lives better.
And amazing things happen when we look out for each other. We prove it every day. Whether it’s helping a colleague or collaborating on a new tool that will revolutionize the way people save money, our actions can have a huge impact.
Our colleagues look out for people with a Can-Do Attitude, Service Heart and Forward Thinking.
Those are our values—simple but powerful. Each of them pushes us do the right thing, to do right by people. Because people are what matter.
If that sounds like you, we hope you’ll apply to join our team. If you’d like to learn more about how Huntington looks out for people, visit https://www.huntington.com/lookingout
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of this site or if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform the essential functions of the job, please send an email to HuntingtonCareers@Huntington.com
EEO is The Law
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
EEO is The Law - Supplemental Poster
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (dol.gov)
Tobacco-Free Hiring Practice
Huntington does not accept solicitation from Third Party Recruiters for any position.