SupervisorCapstone Logistics, LLC | VA, US
Posted 18 days ago
Supervisor in Abingdon, VA at Capstone Logistics LLC
We are looking for a Supervisor to join our team and be part of something great. We have an outstanding career opportunity for a driven, successful Supervisor with 2-5 years of increasing management responsibility in the distribution/transportation fields. This position offers a competitive salary, bonus potential and a benefit package after 30 days.
This is the final step before taking over your own site. You will learn to represent Capstone with our Partners, manage day to day activates with associates, all the while ensuring that safety and productivity are always the focus. At this stage, you may be asked to run portions of the business or perhaps an entire shift. The Site Supervisor will train new hires and provide an environment that is team centric. This is the training opportunity to hone the skills necessary to run your own site. With the growth that Capstone has experienced over the past years, it could be sooner than you think!
- Negotiation of rates with common carrier representatives
- Running site with safety and efficiency as priorities
- Writing and balancing daily bank deposits
- Creation of daily work logs and transmission of same to corporate
- Audit of daily labor and billing reports
- Ensure customer needs are met on a daily basis.
- Document and resolve any customer service or associate issues daily.
- Ensure all associates follow Capstone policies and work rules including Capstone safety work rules.
- Hold weekly safety meetings and ensure associate participation.
- Assist in managing Site and Departmental budget.
- Scheduling associate shifts based on customer requirements.
- Interview, hire, and train new associates.
- Supervise timely and accurate data entry for all services performed.
- Complete daily closeout, including cash balancing, data upload, and payroll record administration according to Capstone policies and standard operating procedures.
- 2 years of supervisory / leadership experience in an industrial setting.
- Proven experience in providing high levels of customer service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to train, coach, and mentor warehouse associates.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong organization and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to simultaneously perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to solve problems and make effective decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage budgets; read and interpret P&L statements; and prepare related management reports.
- Intermediate PC skills with knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to stand for long period of times.
- Ability to safely operate material handling equipment as needed.
- Ability to work in warehouse environment on concrete flooring and in varying temperatures
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Warehousing, Logistics, Supply Chain or Third-Party experience preferred
- BS/BA Degree or Associates Degree with Equivalent Experience is a plus but no required
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership, and customer service skills.
- The ability to make decisions, problem solve, prioritize assignments and direct the workforce in an ever-changing, warehouse environment.
- Proven track record in supervision of warehouse employees including Hiring, Training, and Termination.
- Experience with managing budgets and ability to create & maintain various management reports.
- Intermediate computer experience, ideally with Microsoft products.
- Excellent aptitude in estimating rates and adding and subtracting mentally while constantly multi-tasking.
- College degree is a plus.
This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The job responsibilities and tasks described herein may be modified and expanded over time.
Capstone Logistics, LLC is part of The Transportation and Logistics industry which has been designated a "Critical Infrastructure Segment". As a "critical infrastructure industry" worker in the Transportation and Logistics industry, associates are considered exempt from local restrictions such as curfews, shelter-in-place orders, and other mobility restrictions when reporting to, returning from, or performing his or her work functions.