DC Associate - Forklift OperatorRPMGlobal | Southaven, MS, 38671, US
Posted 24 days ago
WHY IT ROCKS TO WORK WITH US
At JAM Industries USA, LLC you will surround yourself with people that are truly passionate about what they do. Our Southaven location is only minutes away from Memphis, TN. As a member of our team, you will enjoy a comprehensive compensation package, subsidized health plan, generous employee discounts, and a casual and relaxed work environment not to mention the opportunity to join a winning team!
The Forklift Operator is responsible for the safe operation of forklift equipment while transporting material and is also responsible for the pre equipment inspection. The position may require manual loading and unloading of material with or without a pallet jack. May be required to assist in other departments (i.e. shipping and inventory) as the business needs dictate.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Moves, controls, devices to drive industrial forklifts to transport materials between receiving, storage, service and shipping areas.
- Organizes and secures materials where balance sacks, pallets, and other materials are stored.
- Performs routine pre inspection on equipment to ensure its working properly.
- Manually loads or unloads material from pallets, skids, platforms or lifting devices.
- Receives inventory when required, responsible for receipt of daily inbound and return items.
- This position also requires count accuracy of items to ensure all items are received or returned are in satisfactory condition.
- Consults with and works with managers, supervisors, employees, and vendors to coordinate loading and unloading operations.
- Compiles and maintains quantity, type, and value of material, merchandise, or supplies stocked in inventory.
- Counts material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies in stock and posts totals to inventory manually or using computer.
- Demonstrate responsibility and compliance with all safety and quality policies and standards.
- May assist other departments as needed.
- Must have a minimum of 3 to 6 months experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Must have at least 1 year experience driving a forklift, and have or be able to obtain a forklift license.
- Must be detailed oriented and able to accurately read purchase orders, packing lists, and/or assimilate verbal work instructions.
- Must have a High School Diploma or a GED.
- Demonstrated organizational ability and follow-through.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously in a team as well as autonomously.
- Must have basic excel experience and be comfortable communicating verbally and via email.
- Must be able to lift at least 75lbs without assistance using proper lifting techniques and/or with assistance of a pallet jack.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
*** While we appreciate your interest, please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted. ***