Trauma ICU RNBJC HealthCare | Saint Louis, MO, 63110, US
Posted a month ago
- 44ICU is a 36-bed unit designed to provide excellent care for critically ill patients from the operating room directly after surgery, from the emergency department, or from the in-patient care divisions.
- Intensivists, physicians specially trained in critical care, coordinate the multi-professional team in the delivery of care to patients while they are in the ICU.
The primary surgical team works with the intensivists and continue to monitor the patients care.
- $15,000 Sign On Bonus
- BSN required
Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center is the largest hospital in Missouri and is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Barnes-Jewish Hospital's staff is composed of full-time academic faculty and community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine, supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other medical professionals. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Barnes-Jewish Hospital was the first adult hospital in Missouri to be certified as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
The Surgical/Burn/Trauma ICU is a 36 bed combined ICU with emphasis on multiple trauma and burn victims, organ transplant patients, and complex general surgery and vascular patients. The patients treated are in many different stages of resuscitation through rehabilitative phases. Responsibilities include assisting with insertions of central lines, intubations, chest tube insertions, fasciotomies and insertions of intracranial monitors as well as complex wound debridements. The RN, with the multidisciplinary team, integrate information from advanced invasive, non invasive monitoring and total physical assessment to formulate a complete plan of care to optimize patient outcomes. The Surgical/Burn/Trauma team assist with developing cutting edge protocols through evidence based practice.
Provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care.
Licenses & Certifications
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer