Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)- Columbus EndocrinologyCentral Ohio Primary Care Physicians,Inc | Columbus, OH, 43224, US
Posted 23 days ago
Central Ohio Primary Care Physicians is seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join our Columbus Endocrinology office in Columbus, OH! As a Licensed Practical Nurse for COPC you are joining a team that strives to be the best for Primary Care. You will be leading the nation with a system that supports the entire care of each COPC patient. A model we believe is THE BEST FOR PRIMARY CARE! This position is responsible for providing administrative and clinical support to ensure efficient delivery of primary health care and creating a positive patient experience. This role will be full-time, working first shift hours.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work closely with the clinical care team to deliver the best care for our patients.
• Foster a climate allowing for direct communication between the care team, patient/caregiver and appropriate care providers to optimize outcomes.
• Collaborate with other care team members to address gaps in care (chart prep). Promote and facilitate improved clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction, as well as efficient use of resources.
• Act as a patient advocate to ensure highest quality of care for our patients.
• Set-up EKG machines, administer injections (including testosterone), and perform routine specimen collection and tests.
• Interview patients regarding medical concerns and obtain medical history.
• Measure vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height. Record vital signs and other health-related issues on patients’ charts.
• Assist physician or RN in patient care assessment of health status in order to provide patient care. Assist in performing routine medical procedures as requested.
• Review physician orders and lab requests and follows up as needed. Call in prescriptions/order refills as approved and directed.
• Communicate test results to patients as directed (includes reading TB results) and record notes in Electronic Health Records (EHR).
• Assist in patient education with related educational tools, periodicals, flyers, and handouts.
• Assist with Department of Transportation, FMLA, and Medical Disability application forms.
• Respond to patient phone calls, as appropriate.
• Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
• Maintain patient confidentiality in alignment with HIPAA regulation.
• Attend meetings and participate in classroom activities as needed.
• All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. Education, Licensures & Certifications
Required: High School diploma or equivalent
Required: Current Ohio Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Licensure
B. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Self-disciplined, energetic, passionate, and innovative
• Must be detail-oriented and highly organized
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with patients and other external parties in a courteous and friendly manner
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
• Ability to maintain quality control standards
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
• Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures
• Ability to communicate clearly and document efficiently in EHR
• Knowledge in vaccine administration, storage, handling and documentation
• Knowledge and understanding of medical terminology
• Knowledge of patient care and examination procedures
• Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment room procedures
• Knowledge of using medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care
• Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment
• Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments and medications, as directed
• Skill in taking vital signs
• Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public
• Customer service skills; social perceptiveness and service oriented
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work