Occupational TherapistMt Vernon IL (IHR) | Mt. Vernon, IL, 62864, US
Posted 21 days ago
The Occupational Therapist (OT, OTR) in Home Health is responsible for the assessment and evaluation of patient care needs related to functional status, activities of daily living, fine motor coordination, home assessments and adaptive equipment, and other occupational therapy needs as defined by medical conditions. Based on this assessment and evaluation, the Occupational Therapist helps to determine a treatment plan, performs interventions aimed at improving and enhancing the patient's well being, and evaluates the patients progress.
- Excellent Pay & Benefits
- 1:1 Patient Care
- Flexibility to Create Your Own Schedule
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Great Culture – join our family!
Regional Home Health Crossroads, a part of LHC Group, is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Provides service within the scope of practice as defined by the state laws governing the practice of Occupational Therapy, in accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other members of the health care team.
- Follows the plan of care by leading the patient in the use of therapeutic, creative, and self-care activities to improve functioning and safety.
- Observes, records, and reports to the supervising nurse and the physician the patient's response to treatment and changes to the patient's condition.
- Instructs patient, family, caregiver, and participating members of the health care team in the areas of therapy in which they can participate to assist the patient.
- Visits patients according to Plan of Treatment, completes a progress note for each visit, and submits progress notes per LHC policy.
- Completes all patient evaluations and develops the OT plan of care within state specific guidelines. Reports outcomes of evaluation, goals, and anticipated projected frequency of care to supervising nurse within 24 hours of the evaluation.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as necessary.
- Provides supervision of the OTA as per LHC policy.
- Prepares a written discharge summary and/or a written summary report on the patient's condition at least every 60 days.
- Conducts patient assessments evaluating the level of function by applying diagnostic and prognostic functional ability tests.
Education & Experience: License Requirements
- Current Occupational Therapy licensure in state of IL.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current driver's license, vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle, or public transportation.
Equal Opportunity Employer – vets, disability.
Must be fully vaccinated or be willing to complete full vaccination by date of hire and proof of vaccination will be required. If permitted by state law, the company will consider requests for religious or medical exemptions.