Lead Respiratory Therapist (RRT) - Respiratory CareHartford HealthCare | Hartford, CT, 06106, US
Posted 24 days ago
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 36
Job Shift: Shift 3
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals as well as a Level I trauma center. Hartford Hospital is on the cutting edge of technology & medical care and is home to the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. Housing the Northeast’s largest robotic surgery center, committed to becoming the best in the country for patient safety and is pursuing that goal by taking innovative action and creating a culture of safety at every level within the organization.
The Lead Respiratory Therapist - Performs at the level of a highly competent advanced practitioner of respiratory care. Therapists promoted to this level function in Core or Resource role, and have developed expertise and skills in a specialized clinical area with complex patient acuity. They will demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Administers pharmacologic, diagnostic and therapeutic agents related to respiratory care procedures necessary to implement a treatment, disease prevention, pulmonary rehabilitation, or a diagnostic regimen prescribed by a physician.
• Observes and monitors signs and symptoms, general behavior, general physical response to respiratory care treatment and diagnostic testing, to determine whether abnormal characteristics are exhibited.
• Develops and implements an appropriate care plan based on patient assessment by utilizing respiratory protocols to optimize patient outcomes, in collaboration with healthcare team.
• Promotes continuous learning and expands expertise by engaging in and seeking opportunities to develop self and others as a member of a self-directed team
• Works efficiently as a team member both within and across clinical settings to provide quality service to hospital units through communication, cooperation and collaboration.
• Demonstrates competence, including knowledge and behaviors, to meet age specific patients’ needs in a specialty area.
• Participates in additional training and/or certification courses to develop expertise and skills to become certified to work in specialized clinical areas.
• Demonstrates expertise in caring for patients with multiple/complex problems and displays clinical leadership to respiratory staff while serving as a hospital-wide resource to staff. Coordinates patient care: coaches, mentors, precepts
Bachelor's Degree from an AMA approved Respiratory program. (Must obtain within 3 years hired into the role)
3-5 years of experience working as RRT and advanced knowledge obtained through additional training and certifications
Licensure, Certification, Registration
Certified Respiratory Therapist (RRT) granted by The National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
Valid State of Connecticut Respiratory Care Practitioner license.
(ACLS / Critical Care Certification).
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.