Plant Manager - Protein (Kansas)Hilmar Cheese Company | KS, US
Posted 20 days ago
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
At Hilmar Cheese Company we improve lives around the world through wholesome dairy products. Since our founding in 1984, Hilmar Cheese Company has been committed to innovation and sustainability. Our state-of-the art production facilities convert an abundance of locally sourced high-quality milk into a variety of nutritious cheeses, whey protein and lactose. The Cheese and Ingredients that we produce create a wide variety of retail and food service products from sliced and shredded cheeses, to protein supplements and infant formula. We are a trusted partner to premier food and beverage brands in for than fifty countries helping bring their vision into reality.
Throughout our decades of success and growth we have remained committed to our mission and values and these principles unite our people and guide all that we do.
A Typical Day
The Plant Manager oversees designated area of operations to assure all operational unit objectives are met and within quality standards and cost objectives, ensuring maintenance of the highest possible level of customer satisfaction.
- Oversees area of operation, ensuring employee safety, quality and environmental standards are met.
- Analyze area to resolve any equipment issues and make improvements when needed.
- Engage with engineering and maintenance departments to coordinate projects.
- Conduct root cause analysis and problem solving sessions with cross functional teams.
- Apply and promote knowledge of Six Sigma and lean manufacturing methods in the work place.
- Allocate resources effectively and utilize assets with the goal of increasing operation, while still maintaining current quality standards.
- Implement continuous improvement initiatives (labor reduction, waste reduction, cost reduction) in order to maintain and improve the organization’s profitability and competitive position.
- Assist in development and execution of strategic plans for the future to anticipate needs.
- Understanding future strategies and directions to anticipate needs.
- Responsible for managing end-to-end area of operation.
- Ensure compliance with current federal, state and local regulations.
- Mentor supervisors and managers to achieve performance standards regarding safety, quality, and operations.
What You Will Need
- High School Diploma and 8 years related experience, OR Bachelor's degree in related field plus 4 years of related experience or equivalent, OR Master’s degree plus 2 years related experience or equivalent.
- Able to demonstrate leadership, critical thinking, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated strong reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Performance management skills/ability to collaborate and coordinate team members and projects.
- Strategic knowledge of production operations management for quality, yield, and cost.
- Knowledge of financial and budgetary experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree in related field plus 6 years related experience, OR Master's degree plus 4 years related experience or equivalent.
- Demonstrate keen attention to detail, initiative and proactivity.
- Ability to multitask and have great communication skills, both written and verbal.
- New equipment implementation through vendor facilitation and training.
- Experience with SAP.
The role has periods of time when the work environment is sedentary and conducted in an office environment balanced with frequent occasions that require prolonged walking or standing, lifting/ carrying/handling moderate weight objects on a regular basis. Is required to wear PPE and have a regular presence in manufacturing and warehouse environments in both temperature controlled and uncontrolled locations. Must frequently interact with people verbally. Specific details of the essential functions of the position is available in the Job Safety Analysis, made available on request.
Food safety is a companywide responsibility and each employee must know their role in the manufacture and distribution of safe, wholesome, and high quality products.
This description is a general statement and does not include other duties as assigned
Hilmar Cheese Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/EEO. We participate in E-Verify.