Distribution SupervisorLife Technologies | KY, US
Posted 20 days ago
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
Position Summary: Responsible for training and directing the respective assigned distribution center department to perform their jobs according to the proper standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Organizes the staff and workload to meet or exceed distribution productivity performance standards for Receiving, Put Away, Packing, Shipping, or Inventory Control. Develops daily work schedules as workload situation demands. Coordinates all warehouse activities to provide a smooth and efficient flow of work.
- Provides leadership to a group of team members, who provide timely solutions to customer needs. Participates in candidate selection. Trains, evaluates, recommends and delivers disciplinary action when necessary, for issues as attendance, performance, safety, or policy violation. Conducts yearly performance reviews and feedback sessions with employees as needed to discuss metrics and performance related issues, prior to issues becoming increasingly serious. Supervises staff in a manner that is consistent with our culture, which is based on four values: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement and on open communication. Actively seeks development opportunities for team members. Promotes a friendly environment, good morale and collaboration among team members. Reconciles and approves time detail for employees in e-time system.
- Recommends and develops ideas for improvement in operating methods and procedures, and to resolve problems when these arise. Makes recommendations to improve warehouse layout, workflow, operating costs and customer service, for consideration and approval of the Director of Logistics Operations and other concerned management personnel.
- Resolves customer service (internal/external) issues via phone, fax and e-mail and first person meetings, at times with other departments and applying whatever resources necessary; use the same avenues to strengthen business relationships. Ensures that committed orders ship on time and that carriers stay in sync with scheduled pick-up commitments.
- Maintains safety standards and training in the department; ensures that the building is maintained in a clean and safe manner and that inventories and equipment are properly protected against theft, fire and other hazards that may cause loss or damage.
- Follows-up on hazardous materials packaging, storage and shipping to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Assists in the formulation of annual operating budget and objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a high school diploma.
- Bachelors Degree required in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or a related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education is preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment
- 2+ years’ of supervisory experience
- Must possess the leadership and supervisory skills to lead, coach and motivate a large group employees along with excellent social skills to relate well to employees, peers, various levels of management, and have a strong customer orientation to develop strong customer relationships.
- Must be able to handle conflict well and give positive and negative feedback along with managing performance issues.
- Must possess strong written and communication skills to clearly expressc ideas to customers, employees, and higher levels of management and document performance reviews and coach when needed.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills to be able to evaluate issues as they occur and respond to issues with creative problem solving.
- Must be able to lift, carry, pull, and push up to 40 - 70 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally with or without accommodation.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Role model leader with ability to lead with the Thermo Fisher values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Developed analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate and interpret information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Accessibility/Disability Access Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
Supply Chain / Distribution
Thermo Fisher Scientific
is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.