Registered Veterinary Nurse- Norwich Hall RoadBritish Veterinary Association | Norfolk, VA, 23500, US
Posted 20 days ago
Registered Veterinary Nurse- Norwich Hall Road
PART TIME/FULL TIME REGISTERED VETERINARY NURSE / 2ND YEAR STUDENT
VETS4PETS NORWICH HALL ROAD
We are looking for a positive, enthusiastic and passionate Veterinary Nurse to come and join our wonderful team of vets, nurses and support staff.
We are one of three Vets4Pets practices in Norwich and although we are situated inside Pets at Home we are individually owned and run.
Norwich is a lovely city to live and work in with what we think of is the right mixture of city and countryside. We are 30 mins from the beach, 10 mins from the broads yet only 5 minutes drive away from the city centre.
We have a supportive, experienced team as across the group with certificate holders in surgery and ophthalmology and four other vets currently studying for certificates. We have a brand-new ultrasound, digital x-ray, dental x-ray, endoscopy, tonometry, slit lamp, multi parameter units for both theatres and full in-house lab.
Our Hall Road branch opened 12 years ago and is a very busy small animal first opinion practice. Our Joint Venture Partner Stephan Martini has a love of orthopaedics and surgery and regularly does Cruciate and Patella repairs along with simple fracture fixations.
We have a varied caseload with the ability to work up cases in house and clinical freedom to do so. We are always looking to improve our standards with regular clinical meetings, journal club and CPD. We are always striving to improve our work life balance and the mental health of our team.
We have recently appointed a mental health first aider and are implementing the BVA good workplace guide.
What we are looking for:
• A full time registered veterinary nurse/experienced student.
• Someone confident with all routine first opinion work, however, there would always be support available for those needing support in some areas.
• Positive team player.
• Organised and structured
• Good ability to manage time well.
• Passionate and the willingness to provide excellent patient and client care.
• Ideally for a full time position a 4-day week (working hours between 8am and 7.30pm) and a set day off each week but we are happy to discuss other options.
• 1:4 weekends (Saturday 9am-6pm and Sunday 10.30am-4.30pm)
• No Out of Hours
• Good communication skills.
What we can offer:-
• A positive, happy and supportive working environment.
• Salary range £24,000-£29,000 RVN (FTE)
• A wonderful team of 4 vets, 4 RVNs, 2 students RVNs and lots of support staff.
• A qualified dog behaviourist who offers in house behavioural consultations and puppy classes.
• Excellent clinical support and career development opportunities.
• Certificates supported and encouraged.
• Currently working on 15-minute appointment slots (2 on, one off) but hopefully changing to 20-minute appointments shortly.
• Good work life balance
• Competitive salary with regular reviews
• Generous CPD per annum of £500 with added support towards certificates.
• Paid membership for RCVS, VDS
• Companion Pension Scheme
• 40 % veterinary staff discount and 20% Pets At Home staff discount
• 5 weeks holiday per annum, increasing to 6 weeks after 1 full years' service. (Jan-Dec).
• 1 weeks full pay sick pay after 1 full years' service increasing with length of service(Jan-Dec)..
• No OOH
• Exclusive colleague discounts including High Street retailers and restaurants.
If you are interested or would like to know more please get in touch.
Jeni.email@example.com 01603 623040
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.