Sr. Area Operations Manager (They/She/He)Glovo | Lanza, Milano, IT
Posted 21 days ago
We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Africa, and Western Asia. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
At Glovo, you’ll have the job of your life while working together towards our shared vision to give everyone easy access to anything in their city. We welcome top performers that will bring new ideas, diverse perspectives, and provide you the opportunities and freedom to grow and make a real impact on millions of lives… all while having fun!
We believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example: she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).Your work-life opportunity:We are looking for an Sr Area Operations Manager to join our Supply Excellence team based in Milan, who will be in charge of improving and optimizing courier fleet metrics and performances across the cities within the Area assigned.This role will require a mix of operations, stakeholder management, analytical skills, and creativity to tackle different challenges. The couriers, Glovers for us, are a key player in Glovo’s marketplace and you will need to ensure the fleets long-term sustainability, as well as its healthy contribution to the operational performance and user experience in ItalyBe a part of a team where you will:
- Being part of the Supply Excellence Team, support the ops team with scalable processes that leverage data and directly impact their KPIs.
- Collaborate and interact closely with all the internal stakeholders from other departments (Sales, Expansions, Account Managers...) to plan, execute, and monitor projects related to operations and the Glovers (couriers) contribution to the user experience.
- Analyze daily and weekly operation metrics with a macro view of the long-term success of the city, having a complete understanding of the local supply situation at all times.
- Think out of the box to bring new ideas of process improvements that will be game changer to ensure the best user experience related to Glovers (couriers).
- Drive projects to improve the quality of KPIs such as Delivery Time and Cancellations as well as work on an ongoing accuracy of our courier forecast.
- Continuously enable local supply operations team with analysis and dashboards to give visibility on the performance of the main operational KPIs.
- Work closely with all the verticals from the Operations team (Supply Growth, Special Projects) to plan, execute, and monitor projects related to operations and the Glovers (couriers) contribution to the user experience.
- Maintenance and analysis of business reports and information to aid in the basic decision-making process of supply chain operational needs, including daily, weekly and monthly reports indicating full operational status concerning to the flow
- Actively collaborate with your colleagues and learn from each other in a supportive environment that allows you to grow, develop and make a difference
- Minimum 5 years of experience in high demanding positions (operations, technology, consulting, investment banking, etc.).
- Experience in startups, technological platforms, or the on-demand industry preferred.
- Deep understanding of the user experience and operational levers to improve it.
- Results oriented, analytical mindset to re-think our processes is a must.
- SQL skills are not required but valued.
- Excellent communication, the ability to engage internal and external stakeholders.
- Combine a day by day and tactic management with a strategic and long term view.
- Professional in English and Italian.
- An empathetic, inclusive and curious attitude.
- Enticing equity plan
- Top-notch private health insurance
- Monthly Glovo credit to spend on our restaurant products and zero delivery fee on all Glovo orders!
- Flexible time off (take the time you need) and hybrid working model (own your time)
- Enhanced parental leave!
- Online therapy and wellbeing benefit
- External learning budget
- Gas: Driven to deliver quality results quickly
- Good Vibes: Bring positivity and communicate openly
- Stay Humble: Self-aware and open to learning
- Care: Uplift people and the planet
- Glownership: Act as proud owners
- High Bar: Focus on Top Performance