Business Development RepresentativeAltair Engineering | Torino, Provincia di Torino, IT
Posted 25 days ago
Transforming the Future with the Convergence of Simulation and Data
Business Development Representative - Italy
Do you like a challenge, are you a complex thinker who likes to solve problems? If so, then you might be the new professional we are searching for. At Altair, your curiosity matters. We pride ourselves on a business culture that enables open, creative thinking, and we deeply value our employees and their contributions towards our clients' success, as well as our own.
BDRs are responsible for proactive inbound/outbound prospecting, lead/contact management and pipeline building. This position will have a direct impact on our success by providing qualified prospects to AE’s for Opportunity creation. As a member of the BDR Team you will be joining a fast-paced close nit group that thrive in a competitive environment. You will partner with AE’s across the organisation to create new selling opportunities in key targeted accounts across multiple industry verticals.
If you have at least 1-2 years’ experience in a sales role (or similar) where you can demonstrate successes and wins as well as fluent Italian and English, you could be our next Altairian! We also value software sales experience as well as enterprise and financial services industry knowledge.
As part of the Altair team, you will collaborate closely with all departments to ensure an excellent customer experience with Altair, in particular with sales, marketing, technical presales and support.
What You Will Do:
- Educate, qualify, and develop inbound leads to create sales-ready leads and opportunities
- Interact with prospects via telephone and email
- Research prospects, identify key players, generate interest and develop relationships to stimulate opportunity
- Qualify all inbound inquiries through a first phone interview
- Update lead statuses and prospect interaction in salesforce.com to ensure efficient lead management, and provide timely reporting on lead status of campaigns
What You Will Need:
- Fluent Italian is mandatory
- Position based in Torino
- Proven experience in leads qualification and nurturing
- Proven experience in new business development
- Strong attitude for learning and assimilation of technical knowledge
- Ability to pitch technical products and solutions
- Phone communication skills (cold calling – customer management)
- Fluent English is mandatory as the role includes several interactions with teams in EMEA and USA.
- · Experience in sales and negotiation
- Understanding of marketing processes
- · University degree in Mechanical Engineering/ Aerospace Engineering or related fields.
- · Experience in CAE solutions
How You Will Be Successful:
- · Envision the Future
- · Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- · Seek Technology and Business “Firsts”
- · Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- · Work/Life Balance
- · Collaborative international environment
- · Company phone
- · Mix of office and home office work
- · Lunch vouchers
Why Work with Us:
Altair is a global technology company providing software and cloud solutions in the areas of data analytics, product development, and high-performance computing (HPC). Altair enables organizations in nearly every industry to compete more effectively in a connected world, while creating a more sustainable future. With more than 3,000 engineers, scientists and creative thinkers in 25 countries, we help solve our customer’s toughest challenges and deliver unparalleled service, helping the innovators innovate, drive better decisions, and turn today’s problems into tomorrow’s opportunities.
Our vision is to transform customer decision making with data analytics, simulation, and high-performance computing.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping our customers integrate electronics and controls with mechanical design to expand product value, develop AI, simulation and data-driven digital twins to drive better decisions, and deliver advanced HPC and cloud solutions to support unlimited idea exploration. To learn more, please visit altair.com .
Ready to go? #ONLYFORWARD
At our core we are explorers; adventurers; pioneers. We are the brains behind some of the world’s most revolutionary innovations and are not only comfortable in new and uncharted waters, we dive in headfirst. We are the original trailblazers that make the impossible possible, discovering new solutions to our customer’s toughest challenges.
Altair is an equal opportunity employer. Our backgrounds are diverse, and every member of our global team is critical to our success. Altair's history demonstrates a belief that empowering each individual authentic voice reinforces a culture that thrives because of the uniqueness among our team.