Sales & Application Engineer - FlaresZeeco | Lanza, Milano, IT
Posted a month ago
The Sales & Applications Engineer position will be based out of Zeeco's Lissone office in the Milan area. The position will require knowledge of all Zeeco products, with a focus on the Flares division products and technical requirements. The position will be responsible for proposal management, and all Zeeco disciplines required, ensuring the most complete offering with the greatest potential for award and contract.
- Analyses and interprets customer inquiries, including specifications, to design and specify appropriate equipment for the application.
- Travels to customer's facilities for site support and details needed for technical review and proposal generation.
- Assists with technical development and risk assessment of customer inquiries.
- Develops cost estimates according to established guidelines.
- Sets product pricing using mark-up and commission schedules established by management.
- Determines drawings needed for quotation and coordinates their completion.
- Writes, edits, and issues formal quotations to customer.
- Follow-up on any written or verbal correspondence with customer during quotation phase.
- Visits with customer's post-proposal issuance to discuss and negotiate proposal.
- Provide status reports to management on overall proposal status and activities
- Assist with the creation and modification of sales presentations / documents using Microsoft Office, Excel / PowerPoint / Publisher / Adobe and all Web based systems.
- Assist/guide commercial discussions with clients
- Works with management to determine updated skills and tools needed to continue improving performance and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned that are appropriate based on skills and experience.
- S. in Engineering or Master Degree (Mechanical, Chemical or related field)
- Fluent in English; an additional language is preferred
- Available to travel worldwide for short but frequent trips
Skills and Values:
- Even though the position requires an Engineering qualification or Background, business acumen and commercial sound decision are necessary to success in the role
- Results driven and commitment to perform
- A passion for Engineering and Business