Mechanical Engineering LeadLi Cycle Corp | Toronto, ON, CA
Posted 21 days ago
Li-Cycle is solving the global end-of-life lithium battery problem to help power our electric future. Our goal is to recover critical materials from lithium-ion batteries and introduce them back into the supply chain as a sustainable and circular product. We work every day to make this vision a reality. Our team is growing, and we are looking for passionate, creative people, who want to join us as we build a better tomorrow. If you are looking for a purpose-driven company where curiosity and innovation are valued, Li-Cycle is the place for you!
The Mechanical Engineering Lead will report to the Project Manager and will take responsibility for all engineering activities within their given discipline. The ideal candidate is expected to pro-actively oversee the internal and external mechanical design team through project development, detailed engineering and construction. The Mechanical Engineering Lead will play a key part of Li-Cycle’s owner’s engineering team. Throughout the design process the Mechanical Engineering Lead will review designs for accuracy and efficiency in order to construct a safe and economical facility. A broad knowledge across all aspects of mechanical equipment and piping design for industrial facilities is required.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and top performer to join our team.
- Serve as the mechanical lead on a project through all stages of development including cost studies, detailed design, and construction
- Coordinate technology design among Li-Cycle’s R&D team, contracted engineering firm and technology suppliers
- Actively manage and oversee contracted engineering design teams, equipment suppliers, material suppliers, and construction contractors pertinent to his/her engineering discipline expertise
- Oversee project deliverables including project design criteria, material specifications, process diagrams, equipment datasheets, piping isometric drawings and material shop fabrication drawings
- Facilitate technical input for purchasing mechanical equipment and materials including reviewing bid proposals, equipment supplier engineering deliverables and shop fabrication drawings
- Provide schedule updates on mechanical project activities
- Collaborate with multi discipline teams to resolve project challenges
- Coordinate and work with project stakeholders across multiple organizations to reduce risk and enable maximum value delivery for Li-Cycle
- Provide supplier shop and project field support as needed for project engineering and construction teams
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred. Candidates with other related engineering degrees will be considered
- Minimum 7 years' experience as a mechanical engineer in an industrial manufacturing design or operating environment
- Experience with filtration and de-watering technologies (filter press, hydro-cyclone, vacuum filtration) strongly preferred
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) is a plus
- Understanding of selection, operation and maintenance of industrial equipment
- Experience in full project life-cycle execution (i.e. planning through commercialization)
- Experience in construction or start-up of an industrial facility is a plus
- Experience in maintenance and/or reliability role at an industrial facility is a plus
- Knowledge of industry best practices
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Travel up to 35% of the time to witness test-work, equipment acceptance tests, project construction and others
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Proactive self-starter with an 'owner's mindset'; requires minimal direct supervision
- Consistently delivers quality work on time, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong level of decision-making skills and accountability
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible
- Strong analytical, negotiation and creative problem-solving skills
- High degree of time management
- Exceptional oral communication, writing and editing skills with an ability to communicate clearly, concisely, confidently, and professionally within all levels of the company
- Maintains strict confidentiality and discretion with respect sensitive information
For more information, you can visit our website https://li-cycle.com or view Li-Cycle's corporate video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnUgCt0JshU.
Li-Cycle is an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Li-Cycle are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, diverse-ability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.