Commercial Manager (RFQ/RFP), Major Projects (Infra) | General Contractor |VancouverOutpost Recruitment | Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted a month ago
- Posted 9 hours ago
Leading general contractor focused on major infrastructure projects across Canada
Large general contractor seeking experienced Commercial Manager with 5+ years of experience in RFP/RFQ or construction phase of large infrastructure projects ($100m+)
The Commercial Manager is responsible for leading the commercial assessments and negotiations of major project documents including: project agreements, design build contracts, joint venture agreements, major subcontracts and design agreements. Responsible for setting up and executing commercial management during the project pursuit phase. Must have the ability to operate and manage at the executive level of the Project structure in a P3/PFI environment. Candidates that also have project finance experience will be viewed favourably.
Primary objective is to deliver successful commercial outcomes for the pursuit phase (RFQ/RFP) of major projects, including in the P3 environment.
- Lead the commercial negotiations of project agreements and design build contracts on behalf of bid teams for major P3 projects.
- Negotiate and manage design agreements, strategic subcontract agreements, joint venture agreements, major supply agreements, and other teaming agreements required as part of pursuit phase activities.
- Manage the contract and commercial functions during pursuit phase.
- Provide commercial and contractual advice to bid teams and executive committees.
- Manage the risk identification and mitigation process for bids.
- Be willing to support bid teams across a broad range of fields such as: insurance, labour relations, importation and trade. Engaging external expertise as necessary.
- Liaise with internal and external legal personnel and report to Legal Director.
The following responsibilities may also be required depending on experience and project type:
- Manage the project finance process for major P3 projects.
- Work with external and internal finance teams to develop effective financing solutions.
- Coordinate external advisors such as; lenders technical advisors, lenders insurance advisors and lenders counsel as part of the financing due diligences process.
- Negotiate credit agreements and other financing documentation with lenders
- Manage financial submission and financial close processes on behalf of bid teams.
- Sound understanding of contractual, commercial and financial functions on major P3 projects.
- Able to provide direction, leadership, and support to all commercial staff.
- Command the respect of the senior project team members on commercial matters.
- Advise on commercial strategy for successful project execution.
- Be a team player with a ‘can-do approach’.
- Individuals may be required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
- Positions, hence individuals, may be subject to relocation to projects and offices within Canada and elsewhere according to company resource requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Currently operating at senior executive level on a major project or as commercial manager in a large construction company;
- Proven contractual and commercial management ability at executive level;
- Thorough knowledge of contract language and legal requirements of contracts;
- Excellent people management and leadership skills; and
- Excellent team work, organizational and communication skills.
- Minimum of 5 years’ commercial management experience on major international projects.
- 5 years’ experience with a large construction company.
- Proven track record on delivering commercial success on major projects.
- Experience in managing commercial staff.
- Previous major project Joint Venture experience is desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related Construction field and/or corresponding professional membership.
• Only candidates with authorisation to work in Canada will be considered.
• Only exceptional candidates who require sponsorship will be considered for this role.
Please clearly highlight relevant work experience, project overviews and project scale ($) in your resume.
Please ensure you register your details with Outpost Recruitment when submitting your job application. We cannot review your application until we have gathered information on your work experience, skills and attributes.
Matching Canada's leading construction and engineering firms with the best local and international talent.