Mechanical & Electrical CoordinatorMinto Group | Toronto, ON, CA
Posted a month ago
As a part of Minto Group, Minto Communities has been proudly building better places for people to live, work and play since 1955. As we continue to grow, our promise remains the same: building a better home through quality craftsmanship, thoughtful design, and an emphasis on healthy environments — built today to last into the future. With over a dozen active high rise projects (and still growing) throughout the GTA in addition to our low rise portfolio, our communities are sustainably built to lower their environmental impact and provide homeowners with a home that is healthier, more comfortable, and more energy efficient.
Minto has been awarded Ontario Green Builder of the Year six times since 2008 (including 2020 & 2021), and named as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for 2019. We’re proud to have received recognition in our industry, including recent wins from the BILD Awards, OHBA Awards, the ENERQUALITY Awards, and DRHBA Awards,
Our focus on innovation means constantly questioning our own actions and looking for better ways to do things. It’s through our actions, not just our words that our colleagues, partners, customers, and stakeholders associate Minto with the values we live by: Innovation, Partnership, Accomplishment and Courage. That’s why our employees commit to always act in a manner consistent with our values.
We reward those who join us on our mission with the resources, professional training, and diverse opportunities to grow your career and build your future.
You offer will include
- Annual bonus + benefits effective 1st day +RRSP matching plan + 3 weeks’ vacation
- Tuition reimbursement plans and professional development courses
- Employee recognition platform – Be rewarded by your colleagues for your contributions!
- Flexible summer hours
- Many exciting career opportunities
In this role, you will:
- It is anticipated that a Mechanical & Electrical Coordinator will work on a minimum of two projects simultaneously, although staggered at different stages of construction.
- Reporting structure centers around a project team-based environment consisting of field staff (Site supers and assistant supers) and office personnel (Construction Project Manager).
- The Project Coordinator will report directly to the Manager of Building Systems in tandem with the Construction Project Managers.
- Assists with the due diligence of new Part 3 development acquisitions consisting of budgeting and scheduling planning
- Assists in selecting Mechanical and Electrical engineering consultants
- Manages the development of Mechanical and Electrical design and contract documents, working together with internal and external project stakeholders
- Provides expertise in achieving cost effective designs through value engineering and implementation of new products and processes
- Assists in tendering, analyzing, awarding and contracting Mechanical and Electrical trades
- Reviews shop drawing submissions along with engineering consultants
- Assists with the construction management of Mechanical and Electrical trades through various stages of sleeving, rough in, finishing, commissioning, handover, registration and performance audits
- Oversees Mechanical and Electrical construction cost control, scheduling and quality control in conjunction with Construction Project Manager and Site Supervisor
- Assists in commissioning process, documentation and as built reviews
- Works with Manager of Performance Audit and Condominium Operations to resolve performance audit deficiencies
We would like you to have:
- Post-Secondary Education either University or College Diploma in an Engineering or Construction related field
- Any relevant construction experience with plumbing, HVAC, and electrical is an asset.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project)
- LEED accreditation is an asset
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, estimating, drawings and specifications, building material and required standards applicable to discipline
- Team player mentality
- Initiative and independent worker
- Problem solving
- Communication and negotiation (listening, verbal and written)
- Ability to prioritize work
- Time management
Our future is better together. Apply now and join us!
Minto is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or support in any aspect of our recruitment and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs.