Human Resource & Safety Supervisor, Ignace SawmillProduits forestiers Résolu | Ignace, ON, P0T, CA
Posted 20 days ago
Focused on both environmental stewardship and financial success, Resolute Forest Products offers promising and fulfilling job opportunities, where motivated individuals have every chance to accelerate their careers. If you are passionate and ready to make a difference, Resolute is the company that will assure you of success.
Our Ignace location in Ontario, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Human Resource & Safety Supervisor, Ignace Sawmill. This job is permanent, full-time.
Resolute Forest Products is seeking candidates for the position of Human Resource & Safety Supervisor for our Ignace wood products operation located in Northwest Ontario. In this role, you will join a team of staff, operators and maintenance specialists with the operation of this facility.
Would you describe yourself as a coach? Would you like to be involved in creating a work environment that encourages your team members to constantly exceed expectations? Can you demonstrate a high degree of dedication to achieve results and take action rapidly while managing multiple priorities? If so, this position will offer you rewarding challenges and opportunities.
As Human Resource & Safety Supervisor, you will act as a key change agent providing support and direction for Human Resources, Labour Relations and Health & Safety management for the Ignace Sawmill by performing the following duties:
- Provide support to Operations Management & Supervisory group on Labour Relations and Health & Safety issues.
- Coordinate the hourly recruitment and selection process for Ignace Sawmill.
- Leadership in Health and Safety related policy, procedure development and certification programs.
- Responsible for management of all manpower and scheduling issues for the Ignace Sawmill.
- Provide support and information to operations for progressive work systems and Labor contract management.
- Provide support and conduct research in order to assist in grievance resolution.
- Communicate with and provide support to payroll.
- Assist with the management of employee safety training, development programs, safety committees, and provide support on all disability management and return to work programs.
- Reporting to the Sawmill Manager, Ignace Sawmill, you will be part of a dynamic team to which you will contribute vital skills.
- Bachelor of Human Resources or related field an asset;
- Five years of equivalent experience with a large publicly traded manufacturing company.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written);
- Ability to work as part of a team, to communicate with all levels of the organization and to adapt quickly to change;
- Solid analytical skills and the ability to quickly make sound decisions based on experience and judgment even when the information available is incomplete and/or you are under pressure;
- Excellent project and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong sourcing, recruiting and staffing capabilities
- Experience using data and metrics to identify and address HR issues and trends
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated strong facilitation and issue resolution skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including making presentations to leaders and teams
- Understanding of federal and provincial employment laws
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today!
In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.
Our Ignace Sawmill is located at the township of Ignace, ON. The community of Ignace is located 250km Northwest of Thunder Bay, ON and 106km east of Dryden, ON (for more information about the region, please visit http://town.ignace.on.ca/)
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection.
Forest products are essential, as are each and every one of our employees and contractors. We take the necessary steps to protect the health and well-being of our employees and to safeguard the integrity of all Resolute facilities.
We are all in this together. We are one community. We are #RESOLUTEPROUD
Jobs where you grow
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering a dynamic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills.
With a diverse range of pulp, paper, tissue and wood products sold in over 70 countries, Resolute owns or operates some 40 facilities, as well as power generation assets, in Canada and the United States.
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure long-term profitability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. In order to remain a leader in our field, we are looking for individuals who are driven and eager to learn. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
Join the conversation!
Visit The Resolute Blog at blog.resolutefp.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.