Registered Nurse RN Multisystem ICU ApopkaMichigan Chapter American Academy of Pediatrics. | Aurora, IL, 60505, US
Posted a month ago
Registered Nurse RN Multisystem ICU ApopkaDetails
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Internal Number: 23001585_25
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Up to $20,000 Sign-on Bonus and $5,000 Relocationavailable for eligible candidates (see terms below)
- Benefits and Paid Days Off from Day One
- Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
- Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. Itâ™s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full-time , Three (3) 12-hour shifts per week
Shift : Nights, 7:00 pm - 7:00 am
Location : 2100 Ocoee Apopka Road, Apopka, FL 32703
- The Intensive Care Unit at AdventHealth Apopka is a 19-bed unit caring for a wide array of high-acuity cases
- Diverse patient population with cases including renal failure, respiratory failure with ventilator management, septic shock with MODS, hypovolemic shock, DKA with severe acidosis, and more!
- A strong, multi-disciplinary team of highly engaged nurses with dedicated preceptors who love to teach eager new nurses
The community youâ™ll be caring for:
- AdventHealth Apopka is a seven-story, 120-bed hospital offering an extensive range of services including expanded surgical services, advanced surgical suites, and a catheterization lab.
- The hospital also features a 30,000 square-foot Emergency Department with pediatric friendly beds, imaging services, a full-service cafeteria, gift shop and on-site fire station.
- The hospital opened in December 2017, replacing the 50-bed hospital that AdventHealth had operated in downtown Apopka for more than four decades.
- Click here to learn more about our Apopka campus!
The role youâ™ll contribute:
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value youâ™ll bring to the team:
- Nursing Knowledge : Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
- Patient Safety : Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
- Communication : Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
- Documentation : Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic medical record according to policy and in real time. Performs appropriate and legible documentation, recording all procedures and assessments within established timeframes, and in accordance with standards of care, departmental policy and practice guidelines.
* Terms: 24-month Full-time Employment Contract Required for Sign-On and Relocation
- Applicable experience required.
- Internal Candidates and Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
- Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.
The expertise and experiences youâ™ll need to succeed:
Minimum qualifications :
- Graduate of a school of nursing
- Current valid State of Florida or multistate license as a Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Advanced Life Support Certifications (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
- Bachelorâ™s degree in Nursing
- Professional Certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs About AdventHealth At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care. Connections working at AdventHealth More Jobs from This Employer