Assistant Director of Nursing-ADONCiena Healthcare Management | MI, US
Posted a month ago
Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) looking for a leadership opportunity with a growing organization? We have an exceptional opportunity for an Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) to join our team at The Laurels of Fulton. Come join our Team!
As Assistant Director of Nursing, you will assist the Director of Nursing and help plan, coordinate and manage the nursing department.
The Laurels of Fulton offers one of the leading employee benefit packages in the industry, including health insurance, 401K with matching funds, paid time off and paid holidays. When you work with The Laurels of Fulton, you will join an experienced, hard-working team that values communication and collaboration. Why just work when you can help shape a legacy?
If you are committed to providing the highest level of care and service to our guests and community, you will love this position with The Laurels of Fulton.
- Assure that adequate strategies are in place to verify the current licensure and credentials of nursing employees.
- Aid with scheduling and performing guest rounds to monitor and evaluate the quality and suitability of nursing care.
- Maintain proper charting and documentation of care and of medications and treatments.
- Helps develop and implement the written staffing plan and nursing schedule that reflects the needs of the guest and guest population.
- Participates in the budget process of the facility and helps maintain the nursing supply, equipment and nurse staffing budgets.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable managed care, Medicare and state Medicaid regulations, reimbursement systems and methodology.
- Aids in assigning responsibilities to associates, taking into consideration guest safety and that duties are commensurate with the educational preparation, experience, knowledge and ability of the persons to whom the duties are assigned.
- Assesses resident through physical assessment, interview and chart review.
- oversee the infection control program
- responsible for Nursing Education and Orientation
- Discusses resident care needs with care givers, including physician, nursing, social services, therapy, dietary, and activity staff.
- Reviews information from hospital, consults and outside agencies and uses such information in the completion of the assessment and care planning.
Qualifications for ADON:
- Registered nurse, RN with management or supervisor experience in long-term care or geriatric nursing.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
- COVID-19 vaccination required or approved exempt status
About Laurel Health Care Company
Laurel Health Care Company is a national provider of skilled nursing, subacute, rehabilitative, and assisted living services dedicated to achieving the highest standards of care.
At The Laurels, caring is more than providing excellent medical and guest services. It's also being a companion, and treating each guest with the utmost dignity, respect and compassion. It's what we call "The Laurel Way of Caring", and it comes from within each one of us.
The Laurels was named a Great Place to Work for 2020 based on approximately 3,500 employee surveys that evaluated more than 60 elements of employee experience on the job, including employee pride in community impact, belief that their work makes a difference, and feeling their work has special meaning.