BlackBerry QNX - Software Developer in Test (OS Kernel and Hypervisor)BlackBerry Inc. | Ontario, CA, 91764, US
Posted a month ago
BlackBerry QNX - Software Developer in Test (OS Kernel and Hypervisor) page is loaded
BlackBerry QNX - Software Developer in Test (OS Kernel and Hypervisor)Apply locations Ottawa, Ontario Cary, North Carolina time type Full time posted on Posted Yesterday job requisition id 20230080
BlackBerry® QNX® is a trusted supplier of safe and secure operating systems, hypervisors, frameworks, and development tools, and provides specialized support and services for building the world’s most critical embedded systems. We are the embedded experts. BlackBerry QNX was born in embedded, and provides time-tested and trusted foundation software, including our deterministic microkernel real-time operating system (RTOS), safety-certified products, middleware, and security solutions, all purpose-built for embedded systems. Future development approaches and system design paradigms demand a high degree of freedom and flexibility, exactly what cloud enablement promises.
BlackBerry QNX software is trusted by more than 68% of the Electric Vehicle market by volume , 24 of the top 25 EV manufacturers and is running in more than 215 million vehicles globally. Our foundation products have been pre-certified to ISO 26262 ASIL D, and we offer a broad range of board support packages, professional services, AUTOSAR adaptive support and middleware solutions – from acoustic management to digital cockpits to advanced driving assistance (ADAS) - to accelerate development and help OEMs meet Start of Production (SOP) dates.
Are you interested in working with a talented team that is at the core of everything we do?
The QNX Core OS test team is seeking talented individuals with a mind for details and passion for quality. You will work at the heart of the most reliable and secure operating system in the world. You will contribute directly to the OS that controls systems in everything from automobiles to internet, from medical devices to space systems, and from manufacturing to nuclear power plants.
- Working with kernel development team to analyze and test new features, investigate, and resolve customer reported problems and provide interim testing support for experimental software.
- Creating or updating test plans and test cases based on new product features, customer requirements or identified problems.
- Developing and optimizing automated test cases with continuous improvements in coverage and efficiency
- Providing solid traceability from software requirements to test specifications to test cases to test results
- Identifying and running a series of tests against new software builds on reference and/or customer hardware
- Analyzing test results, debugging observed issues, generation of defect reports, verifying fixed issues, updating pre-existing defect reports.
- Creating test reports based on test results for internal and external audiences with high attention to detail.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- University degree in computer science, engineering (or equivalent)
- Junior or Intermediate level experience in embedded test, design, and engineering
- 2+ years as a C/C++ developer in an embedded environment
- Strong working knowledge of Python, Perl, and shell scripting
- Working knowledge of QNX or another embedded operating system
- Familiar with Continuous Integration build systems (Jenkins, Hudson)
- Familiar with source versioning, problem reporting and constant integration systems (SVN, Git, JIRA, Jenkins)
- Knowledge of formal test theory, test methodology, and ISO9001 quality management.
- Experience in developing automated tests and testing tools.
- Ability to enable automation for manual tests and automate test result processing.
- Able to write clear and concise problem reports
- Familiarity with common processor architectures (i.e., 32-bit and 64-bit variants of x86/ARM)
- Familiarity with virtual machines and guest OS techniques
- Ability to work and participate in a team setting with an open, collaborative communication style
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills are necessary
- Enthusiasm, a passion for quality and a desire to learn about new technologies is a requirement!
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40 0:00 / 2:10
Similar Jobs (5)
BlackBerry QNX - Software Developer in Test (OS Kernel Benchmarks) IIlocations Cary, North Carolina time type Full time posted on Posted 2 Days Ago
BlackBerry QNX - Software Developer in Test (Kernel Testing)locations Ottawa, Ontario time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago
BlackBerry (NYSE: BB; TSX: BB) is a trusted security software and services company that provides enterprises and governments with the technology they need to secure the Internet of Things. Headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario, the company is unwavering in its commitment to safety, cybersecurity and data privacy, and leads in key areas such as artificial intelligence, endpoint security and management, encryption and embedded systems. You couldn’t choose a more exciting time to consider joining us! For more information, visit BlackBerry.com and follow @BlackBerry.
©2023 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
BlackBerry strives to create an accessible and inclusive application and selection process and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants who may require provisions to participate in the selection process. Should you require an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our HR department by calling 1-519-888-7465. We will reply to your request as soon as possible.
Federal Employment Law Posters:
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the La w
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act
Federal Contractor Postings:
- Right to Work
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Supplement
- Pay Transparency
- Contact Us
- Application Process
RETURN TO JOB POSTINGS