Technical Lead - Cyber Security EngineeringAllergan | IL, US
Posted a month ago
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Technical Lead - Cyber Security Engineering
Primary Lake County, Illinois Secondary Req ID 2212488 Category Information Technology Division AbbVie
AbbVie Information Security is looking for a highly motivated and talented individual to join the Cyber Security Engineering (CSE) Team. The Cyber Security Engineering Team installs, manages, optimizes, automates the tools in use by the broader Information Security and Risk Management teams.
This is an expansion of capabilities within the Cyber Security Engineering Team, acting as consult in part to data pipelines management, SIEM, SOAR, and Attack Surface Management development while advocating standards across our datasets. Grow with us as a Technical Lead , Cyber Security Engineering (CSE) to raise our tools and skilled analysts up so that they may help our business to continue to have remarkable impacts on people’s lives.
This is a technical role helping to c oach and guide analysts and engineers on their assigned tasks , to ensure quality code is product. Working alongside the Scrum Master and Product owner, this role will help design solutions and strategize the future state of the larger technical ecosystem, while assessing knowledge gaps and providing learning objectives.
The ideal candidate must be comfortable to adapting and learning new terminology, processes, and techniques in use within Information Security teams and be comfortable working in Scrum and Agile/DevOps methodologies.
This position is part of AbbVie’s Information Security & Risk Management (ISRM) team. We are here to put our partners in a position to succeed. We do it by providing the knowledge, tools, and support they need to effectively use data and technology while also effectively managing risk.
- Leading, coaching, and managing a team of developers across a portfolio of tools
- Oversee story completion and ensure collaboration across developers and development teams
- Developing and maintaining an environment where the skills, knowledge, and performance of the group is constantly evolving
- Coach and guide analysts and engineers on their assigned tasks
- Ensures high quality code is delivered by the team and upholds coding standards and guidelines
- Design solutions and strategize the future state of the larger technical ecosystem
- Assesses knowledge faps and provides learning tasks
- Partners with Architect to ensure best practices are followed
- Operating autonomously to support developers and help drive SLAs and OLAs.
- Serving as a technical expert across a myriad of technologies and code
- Advising and facilitating efforts with code
- Managerial responsibilities such as staffing, performance assessments, career path and development planning, training, and coaching.
- Demonstrated subject matter expert across multiple cyber security capabilities
- Ability to author technical documentation and perform quality reviews of documents created by developers
- Regularly collaborate with developers in support of stories and technical tasks
- Strong knowledge of diverse operating systems, systems administration, pipelines, cloud workloads, containerization, functions as a service
- Experience with scripting languages (Python/Go) and Database languages (SQL/MQL)
- Experience working with development tools and scripting languages (git / mercurial / subversion; Python / PowerShell / Go)
- Basic knowledge and application of cyber security terminology and concepts
- Ability to execute in an autonomous manner, contributes to decisions based on specialized knowledge
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills; investigates, defines, and resolves critical issues
- Demonstrated leadership skills through an ability to coordinate the execution of operations and response activities across technical and business resources
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a high level of professionalism
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team
- Willingness to be available, as needed, for major and critical security issue
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related technical field and 7+ years of specialized information security experience
- Prior experience working in an Agile team
- Familiarity with cybersecurity, privacy principles, cyber threats, and vulnerabilities
- Prior experience working with a SIEM environment (ELK, Splunk, Exabeam, etc)
- Ability to identify and facilitate troubleshooting coding flaws
- Familiarity in log analysis and parsing of unstructured data (ETL) and related data pipelining tools
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Join our talent network and receive AbbVie news and job alerts to your inbox.
Interested In Please select a category or location option. Click “Add” to create your job alert.
- Information Technology, United States Remove
- Information Technology, Lake County, Illinois, United States Remove
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.