.Net Backend Software EngineerManulife Insurance Malaysia | Philippi, WV, 26416, US
Posted a month ago
.Net Backend Software Engineer page is loaded
.Net Backend Software EngineerApply locations Makati City time type Full time posted on Posted 2 Days Ago job requisition id JR22081929
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you.
Intermediate Back-end Software Developer
Working Arrangement: Hybrid
The Group Benefits team is looking for seasoned Intermediate Software engineer with an engineering mindset and a passion for designing, developing, improving, and supporting cool software products, particularly data interfaces between systems. You will initially join a development team to assist in the delivery of customer centric solutions. You would emerge knowing the people, processes, and technologies for both development and support / operations at our company. This will allow you to add immense value and grow your career
As an Intermediate Backend Software Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate with product and engineering managers, software engineers, and operations engineers to uncover pain points and opportunities to deliver new business value through software
- Prototype and build new functionality to deliver on key product objectives
- Deliver an exceptional user experience to our customers, through the delivery of products and services with strong and extendable architectural design
- Contribute to application and technical architecture plans as they relate to the tools and systems in place within our organization.
- Maintain and support these services, with accountability for production reliability and usage, and the delivery of new functionality
- Be part or lead initiatives within Business Unit to develop and improve standards and methodologies.
- Influence and lead discussions with our strategic vendors to advance our platforms and deliver value sooner
- Work with Associate Engineers to collaborate with our Architecture team realizing the strategic vision of Manulife’s technology stack
You will bring and continuously build upon:
- Experience in IT for at least 5+ years with 2 or more years in a similar position
- Solid hands-on experience in C#, .NET Core, .NET Framework
- Experience with Azure SQL database platform
- Cloud based development experience with Cloud Foundry or similar platform.
- Experience in distributed event streaming such as Kafka, Event Hub or similar platform
- Developing junior engineers and a passion for growing staff within the organization
Bonus points for any of the following:
- Jenkins, Docker, SonarQube, Artifactory, JIRA, Confluence
- Knowledge of monitoring tools such as New Relic, Dynatrace etc.
What motivates you?
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit.
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile approach and enable business outcomes.
- You thrive in teams and enjoy getting things done together.
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters.
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up.
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone.
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
- Professional development and leadership opportunities.
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture
We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity
We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation
We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact.
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com .
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Similar Jobs (5)
Back-end Software Engineerlocations Makati City time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago
Intermediate Backend Software Engineerlocations Makati City time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago
This is a values-led organization where people bring their passions, ambitions, and the full scope of their life experience to work. This makes for a stronger community, culture, and business. Individually and collectively, we are harnessing our potential, and exploring new opportunities we’d never imagined.
We're consistently recognized as a top employer. We offer work that challenges and makes a difference within a flexible and supportive environment, so you can help make decisions easier and lives better for our customers.
Recent Awards include:
- Forbes 2020 World’s Best Employers
- Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2020
- Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020
- Canada’s Best Diversity Employers 2020
For Manulife/John Hancoc k’s most recent jobs sent directly to your inbox, please create an account/ sign in and click on ‘Job Alerts’ in the top right corner of the page to sign up.0:00 / 1:07