Equipment CoordinatorHerc Rentals | Charlotte, NC, 28245, US
Posted 25 days ago
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Company: Herc Rentals
Founded in 1965, Herc Rentals is one of the leading equipment rental suppliers in North America with trailing twelve month total revenues of nearly $2.53 billion as of September 30, 2022. Herc Rentals’ parent company, known as Herc Holdings Inc., listed on the New York Stock Exchange on July 1, 2016, under the symbol “HRI.” Herc Rentals serves customers through approximately 350 locations and has approximately 6,500 employees in North America.
We serve a diverse group of customers in a wide array of industries. We support professional con-tractors in construction and remediation. Our industrial customers include large industrial plants, reﬁneries and petrochemical operations, automotive and aerospace manufacturers. We support government and infrastructure projects at the municipal, state and federal level. And, we continue to expand our services for customers in commercial and retail, healthcare, hospitality, recreation, and entertainment and special events.
Equipment Coordinators at Herc Rentals are responsible for keeping our facilities looking clean and professional by maintaining the cleanliness of our equipment and keeping everything organized and easily accessible. The ideal person for this role is energetic, eager to help, and hungry to learn and grow their career. This role is a springboard to other opportunities at Herc Rentals including Driver, Mechanic, and Sales and Operations Coordinator roles. In this role you will learn to...
• Take initiative and work autonomously
• Become a safety expert
• Be an expert in the equipment rental industry
• Be promoted and grow your career!
- Help to load and unload internal truck drivers, outside haulers and customers
- Verify delivery tickets and returns for accuracy
- Clean, maintain, and organize heavy equipment, construction equipment and various pieces of machinery.
- Review orders and stage equipment for drivers
- Perform routine checks on rental equipment to ensure it is safe and in good working order
- Maintain and clean and organized yard and work area
- Answer and resolve customer questions
- Provide customers with expert advice on the selection, operation and maintenance of all the various types of equipment
- Support all team members
Conditions of Employment
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to communicate with customers
- Ability to input information into computer systems
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks; stretch, turn, twist, and reach overhead; bend, crouch, squat, kneel, and stoop for extended periods of time
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Ability to safely drive and operate multiple types of vehicles and equipment
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel Programs
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 LBs
- Computer Skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors when required of the job
Herc Rentals values its employees and provides excellent compensation and benefits packages which are not limited to the following.
Keeping you healthy
Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
Life and disability insurance
Flex spending and health savings accounts
Virtual Health Visits
24 Hour Nurse Line
401(k) plan with company match
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Life & Work Harmony
Paid Time Off (Holidays, Vacations, Sick Days)
Paid parental leave.
Military leave & support for those in the National Guard and Reserves
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Adoption Assistance Reimbursement Program
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Mechanic Tool reimbursement of up to $300 per year
Auto & Home Insurance Discounts
Protecting You & Your Family
Company Paid Life Insurance
Supplemental Life Insurance
Company Paid Disability Insurance
Supplemental Disability Insurance
Group Legal Plan
Critical Illness Insurance
Herc does not discriminate in employment based on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, political affiliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.